Are my IC connections in my circuit correctly matching the pin out diagrams?

In summary, the circuit is not working because the input is bypassed with a capacitor. The input should be connected to the opamp to get the best results.
XuFyaN
connectiong IC in a circuit ??

I am working on a project ,

[PLAIN]http://www.2electronic.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cellphone-detector.jpg

i have done everything right but nothing is happening when i am running this project on breadboard,
i have connected IC in the same way as it is defined in above circuit,

[URL]http://circuits.datasheetdir.com/28/CA3130-pinout.jpg[/URL]

1 and 8 of IC is connected to the Capacitor 6 and 2 is connected to the resistor and so on,
i want to know that the IC connection defined in the circit is same as it pin out diagram ??
i mean,
in the pin out diagram 1 is OFFSET Null and 8 is Strobe, i have connected capacitor in 1 and 8 , am i doing correct ??and for the NE555 Timer, i made the connections as defined in the circuit...
is the connections are ok comparing with its pin out diagram ?
because in pin out diagram 1 is GND and in the ciruict 1 is grounded

[PLAIN]http://circuits.datasheetdir.com/214/UTC-NE555-pinout.jpg

if i am giving the same connetion in my breadboard as in cirucuit will my circuit work ?
[PLAIN]http://circuits.datasheetdir.com/214/UTC-NE555-pinout.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org

What is it supposed to do?

The input is bypassed with a 0.22uF capacitor and the opamp is operating at very high gain, so it would have minimum bandwidth and very little sensitivity.

The antenna suggests a UHF signal, but the receiver has no chance of working at UHF.

At least remove C3.

thanks alot...cirucuit is working now :)

XuFyaN said:
thanks alot...cirucuit is working now :)

you have created 2 treads on this project, in both of the you were asked what is the cct supposed to do ?
we are all still waiting for your response :)

Dave

my other thread is different from this thread, i read the datasheet of both ICs and understands the connections :)

1. How do I connect an IC in a circuit?

To connect an IC in a circuit, you will need to use a breadboard or a printed circuit board (PCB). Begin by identifying the pinout diagram for your specific IC, which can usually be found in the manufacturer's datasheet. Then, place the IC onto the breadboard or solder it onto the PCB, making sure to align the pins with their corresponding holes. Finally, use jumper wires or copper traces to connect the IC pins to other components in the circuit.

2. What is the purpose of connecting an IC in a circuit?

An IC, or integrated circuit, is a small electronic device that contains multiple electronic components, such as transistors, resistors, and capacitors, all in one package. Connecting an IC in a circuit allows it to perform a specific function, such as amplifying a signal or processing data, within the larger electronic system.

3. Can I use any IC in a circuit?

No, you cannot use any IC in a circuit. ICs come in different shapes, sizes, and functions, and not all of them can be used interchangeably. It is important to carefully select an IC that meets the requirements of your circuit, such as voltage and current ratings, and has the necessary functionality.

4. How do I know if my IC is connected properly in the circuit?

To ensure that your IC is connected properly in the circuit, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage and current at different points in the circuit. You can also use an oscilloscope to observe the IC's output and compare it to the expected output based on the circuit design. If the measurements and observations match, then the IC is likely connected properly.

5. What should I do if my IC is not working in the circuit?

If your IC is not working in the circuit, the first step is to double check that it is connected correctly and that all of the other components in the circuit are functioning properly. If everything seems to be in order, then the IC may be damaged or faulty. In this case, you can try replacing the IC with a new one to see if it resolves the issue. It is also a good idea to consult the datasheet and make sure that the IC is being used within its specified parameters.