Connecting a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator

In summary: With a bit more information, it sounds like you might be able to find some alternate parts that would work for your project.
mrdryliner
I am working on a circuit. I have an IC bridge rectifier in place for ac to dc conversion at the proper voltage and amperage. I understand that the nte 7077 voltage regulator is for regulating voltage at 110 volts + or - .8 volts @ 1 amp max. This is a 5 pin IC regulator. I do not understand what the 5 pins are for. They show Pin 1 common ground. I get that. Pin 2 base? where would that be connected to. Pin 3 input? I assume that is the output of my bridge rectifier dc voltage which would vary with the ac voltage. Pin 4 output. I assume that is the 110 volt regulated supply. And Pin 5 output control? Do I need this? I want 110 volts regulated nothing else. could you help me understand how many of the pins I need to use and how to connect them to. Much appreciated! I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. Thanks Again. Roy Andenmatten

Engineering news on Phys.org
mrdryliner said:
I am working on a circuit. I have an IC bridge rectifier in place for ac to dc conversion at the proper voltage and amperage. I understand that the nte 7077 voltage regulator is for regulating voltage at 110 volts + or - .8 volts @ 1 amp max. This is a 5 pin IC regulator. I do not understand what the 5 pins are for. They show Pin 1 common ground. I get that. Pin 2 base? where would that be connected to. Pin 3 input? I assume that is the output of my bridge rectifier dc voltage which would vary with the ac voltage. Pin 4 output. I assume that is the 110 volt regulated supply. And Pin 5 output control? Do I need this? I want 110 volts regulated nothing else. could you help me understand how many of the pins I need to use and how to connect them to. Much appreciated! I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. Thanks Again. Roy Andenmatten

Welcome to the PF.

The NTE datasheet is indeed sparse, and I didn't find any obvious Application Notes with a quick search. There are some alternate parts listed on this web page:

http://shop.vetcosurplus.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=5318

You might check into those part numbers to see if there are any good application notes.

I do need to ask what you are going to use this IC for, though. It's normally used in some pretty dangerous TV circuits. What are you trying to build, and what is your experience with high voltage?

Thanks for the reply, My application has nothing to do with high voltage tv circuits. It is limited to the 110 volts and is only running 0.5 amp with 1.0 amp circuit breaker. diodes are voltage sensitive and I want a steady voltage with a tight tolerance.

That is still enough voltage and current to be dangerous. It also sounds like you're plugging it into a wall outlet.
Please, be careful, and familiarize yourself with the relevant safety precautions.

1. What is a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator?

A 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator is an electronic device that is used to regulate the voltage in a circuit. It ensures that the output voltage remains constant, even if there are changes in the input voltage or load.

2. How do I connect a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator?

To connect a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator, you will need to follow the pinout diagram provided by the manufacturer. Generally, there will be a Vin pin for the input voltage, a Vout pin for the output voltage, and a ground pin. Make sure to also connect any necessary capacitors for stability.

3. What is the maximum input voltage for a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator?

The maximum input voltage for a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator is typically around 40V. However, it is important to check the datasheet for the specific voltage regulator you are using to ensure that you do not exceed the maximum input voltage.

4. Can a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator be used for both AC and DC inputs?

Yes, a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator can be used for both AC and DC inputs. However, if you are using an AC input, you will need to convert it to DC using a rectifier circuit before connecting it to the voltage regulator.

5. What are the typical applications for a 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator?

A 5 pin nte7077 voltage regulator is commonly used in DC power supplies, battery charging circuits, and electronic devices that require a stable and constant voltage. It can also be used in audio amplifiers, voltage converters, and other electronic circuits that require voltage regulation.