Bachelor of Nuclear engineering, Masters in Mechanical?

In summary, the speaker is finishing their bachelor's degree in nuclear engineering and hopes to work in the energy industry as a CFD engineer. They are considering getting a master's degree in mechanical engineering and are seeking suggestions for programs in Europe. They also believe that adding industrial electronics to their nuclear engineering background would lead to a more sustainable career. They mention that CFD technology has been increasingly automated in recent years due to its simpler physical foundations compared to electronics.
madhisoka
Hi, I am just about to finish my bachelor of nuclear engineering, my aim is to work in the industry " energy companies " ,I want to be a CFD engineer, where I can work in both the nuclear field and outside the nuclear field. Is a masters in mechanical engineering a good idea ? if yes, any suggestions in Europe ?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think the add-on of "industrial electronics" over nuclear engineering basis is better match for sustainable career. At least if worked fine for me.

CFD area may be increasingly being automated in last decades - after all it is easier to make simulator for molecules (CFD) rather than for elementary particles (electronics), because physical basics are more understood for fluid dynamics currently.

1. What is a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering degree?

A Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering degree is an undergraduate program that focuses on the principles and applications of nuclear science and engineering. It covers topics such as nuclear physics, reactor design, radiation protection, and nuclear waste management.

2. What is a Masters in Mechanical degree?

A Masters in Mechanical degree is a graduate program that delves into the advanced principles of mechanical engineering. It covers topics such as advanced mechanics, fluid dynamics, thermodynamics, and materials science.

3. Can I pursue a Masters in Mechanical degree after completing a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering?

Yes, it is possible to pursue a Masters in Mechanical degree after completing a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering. However, it may require some additional coursework or prerequisites depending on the specific program and university.

4. What are the career prospects for someone with a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering and Masters in Mechanical degree?

Graduates with a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering and Masters in Mechanical degree have a wide range of career opportunities in fields such as nuclear power, renewable energy, aerospace, automotive, and manufacturing. They can work as nuclear engineers, mechanical engineers, project managers, research scientists, and more.

5. How long does it take to complete a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering and Masters in Mechanical degree?

The duration of a Bachelor of Nuclear Engineering and Masters in Mechanical degree can vary depending on the university and program. Typically, it takes four years to complete a Bachelor's degree and an additional two years to complete a Masters degree.