Be your self, no matter what they say

In summary, the conversation discusses how the speaker has objections to traditional physics and questions how it could be wrong despite all the progress mankind has made. The speaker presents a simple answer using equations to illustrate how both their claims and traditional physics could be true, but still differ. The conversation also touches on the importance of being true to oneself and the need for defining terms and using rigorous logic when discussing complex concepts.
deda
Those that follow my posts are well awear of how serious are my objections to the traditional physics. They must at some point question them self: How can the traditional physics be wrong despite all the progress mankind makes?
The answer is simple:
I can put A + B = RESULT
They can put A + B + ERROR = RESULT + ERROR
Two ways make true claim but RESULT <> RESULT + ERROR
The point is:
Be your self as long as you don't contradict your self!

Physics news on Phys.org
deda said:
A + B + ERROR = RESULT + ERROR

Sure, but experiment (i.e., nature) will only agree with either RESULT or RESULT+ERROR.

Deda ... sorry mate ... your objection to traditional physics has crossed over into maths.

Before you can write ...

A + B = RESULT
A + B + ERROR = RESULT + ERROR

... you must define what type of entities A, B, RESULT and ERROR are and what '+' and '=' mean.

Otherwise, it's just gibberish.

A, B, Result & Error are quantities of same quality.
'+' is the standard math operator for addition
'=' is again standard sign for equality.

And now you've got to define quality, and explain why you are allowed to use the 'standard math operation for addition' on things like that. You might have a useful shorthanc for creating a picture of your opinion (though it is not clear to most of us I'd suggest), but it's not rigorous, is it?

About being yourself, if you are a serial killer, hitman (any kind of murderer really), rapist, pedophile, telemarketer etc., please stop being yourself immediately.

Njorl

Following on frm Matt Grime's comment ...

If you want to use '+' and '=' as the 'standard math operators' then the quantities you are considering must be a subset of the complex numbers. So, let's look at your arguments again, but not using 'handy' words that sort of look like they may contradict themselves in English:

Let A, B and D be complex and C = A + B.
Then, A + B + D = C + D.

So, C <> C + D, but if and only if D <> 0. If D = 0, then D = C + D !

Where's the contradiction?

Your trouble is with trying to make Maths out of English. Why you feel the need to find such holes in maths or physics, I have no idea, but you'd use your time much better if you learned the rules of the game first.

Paul.

deda said:
Those that follow my posts are well awear of how serious are my objections to the traditional physics.

Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but as far as I know, I have never
witnessed a single event on this planet that didn't square with "traditional physics". Therefore, I must object to your objections.

Related to Be your self, no matter what they say

1. What does it mean to "be your self, no matter what they say"?

"Be your self, no matter what they say" means to stay true to your authentic self and not let others' opinions or expectations change who you are.

2. Why is it important to be your self?

Being your self allows you to live a fulfilling and genuine life. It also helps build self-confidence and self-awareness.

3. How can I be my self when I'm surrounded by people who don't accept me?

It can be difficult to be your self in an environment where you feel judged or rejected. But it's important to remember that your self-worth should not be dependent on others' acceptance. Surround yourself with supportive and accepting individuals, and have the courage to stand up for yourself and your beliefs.

4. Can being your self have any negative consequences?

Being your self can lead to some negative consequences, such as criticism or rejection from others. However, staying true to who you are ultimately leads to a happier and more fulfilling life.

5. How can I learn to be more comfortable with my true self?

Learning to be comfortable with your true self takes time and practice. Some ways to start include identifying your values and beliefs, setting boundaries, and practicing self-acceptance and self-compassion. Therapy or self-reflection can also be helpful in this process.