Best courses to learn Data Structures and Algorithms in C/C++/JS

In summary, The speaker is looking for resources to improve their problem solving skills, practice competitive programming, and learn about pointers. They are interested in online courses, specifically mentioning MIT OCW 6.006 Introduction to Algorithms and a free course on Coursera called Data Structures and Algorithms (UC San Diego).
shivajikobardan
TL;DR Summary
Best courses to learn Data Structures and Algorithms in C/C++/JS, pointers and competitive programming?
Do you know any such good resources? I want to improve my problem solving skills.
I also want to practice competitive programming, so any good courses for that?
I want to practice pointers any good courses for that?

Technology news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "courses"? It doesn't sound like you mean a bunch of studentgs in a room with a teacher.

BTW, this will likely take more than the two days it took you to "learn SQL".

online courses I mean.

Last edited:
nice

1. What are data structures and algorithms?

Data structures refer to the way data is organized and stored in a computer's memory, while algorithms are step-by-step procedures used to solve problems or perform tasks using these data structures.

2. Why is it important to learn data structures and algorithms?

Data structures and algorithms are fundamental concepts in computer science and are essential for building efficient and scalable programs. They help in solving complex problems and optimizing the performance of software applications.

3. What are the best courses to learn data structures and algorithms in C/C++/JS?

Some popular courses for learning data structures and algorithms in C/C++/JS include "Data Structures and Algorithms: Deep Dive Using Java" on Udemy, "Mastering Data Structures & Algorithms using C and C++" on Udemy, and "JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Masterclass" on Udemy.

4. How long does it take to learn data structures and algorithms?

The time it takes to learn data structures and algorithms varies depending on the individual's prior knowledge and learning pace. However, with consistent practice and dedication, one can grasp the fundamentals in a few weeks and continue to improve over time.

5. Do I need to be an expert in programming to learn data structures and algorithms?

No, you do not need to be an expert in programming to learn data structures and algorithms. However, having a basic understanding of programming concepts and syntax in C/C++/JS can make it easier to grasp these concepts.