What what should I do while learning programming?

• MHB
  • Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Programming
In summary, I think that learning Python is essential for any web developer nowadays, especially if you want to build dynamic websites.
shivajikobardan
Here is what I have planned to do-:
1) Do 1 course.
2) Buy a python textbook and solve it exercises and examples.
3) Solve 250 codewars problems
4) Do numerical methods in python.
5) Do cryptography algorithms in python.
Will this be enough for my learning to be good enough to be a web developer in python? (I Need to learn django afterwards I know that). IWTL.

Technology news on Phys.org
Hi shivajikobardan,

Your question is very generic and I do not really think anyone here will have an answer that will help you.
If anything, the only way to learn anything, is to just start learning/doing it whatever that means.

If you have more specific questions about something you don't understand or something you are struggling with, then we might be able to help you better.

thanks man. I will not ask these questions here anymore.

LOL. Don't leave over this, you just got here.

It's hard to answer this question in a paragraph or even 10 pages, but I think the best way to learn Python is practice. Courses help in the very, very beginning but nothing helps more than building something real. I've been doing this the past 2 years and have gone from a total newb in Python to decent. The only thing that helped me was being very bad and needing it to work, asking others to review code I wrote, reading good code, then repeating.

What type of web application do you want to build?

Jameson said:
What type of web application do you want to build?

I want to build dynamic websites and static websites.

Any particular reason to pick the language python for web development?
Javascript might be a more appropriate choice.

shivajikobardan said:
I want to build dynamic websites and static websites.
Ok but this is like all websites, they can either be static or dynamic. If you don't have any logic that needs to be run on the backend in Python like a machine learning flow then I agree that it's not the easiest way to go about this.

That said Flask is a decent place to start and very common with Python web apps. I like this Youtube channel: https://www.techwithtim.net/tutorials/flask/a-basic-website/

Klaas van Aarsen said:
Any particular reason to pick the language python for web development?
Javascript might be a more appropriate choice.
I am from Nepal. there are more django jobs than javasript ones. Also learning python seems to be very essential nowadays.

1. What programming language should I learn first?

The answer to this question depends on your goals and interests. Some popular options for beginners include Python, Java, and HTML/CSS. Research the different languages and their uses to determine which one best fits your needs.

2. How much time should I dedicate to learning programming?

The amount of time you dedicate to learning programming will vary depending on your learning style and goals. However, it is generally recommended to spend at least 1-2 hours per day practicing and studying programming concepts.

3. What resources can I use to learn programming?

There are many resources available for learning programming, including online courses, books, and tutorials. Some popular options include Codeacademy, Udemy, and Coursera. It is also helpful to join online communities and forums to ask for advice and seek help when needed.

4. Is it necessary to have a background in math or computer science to learn programming?

While a background in math or computer science can be helpful, it is not necessary to learn programming. Many successful programmers come from various backgrounds and have developed their skills through self-study and practice. The most important qualities for learning programming are dedication, problem-solving skills, and a willingness to learn.

5. How can I stay motivated while learning programming?

Learning programming can be challenging, but there are a few ways to stay motivated. Set clear and achievable goals for yourself, celebrate your progress, and take breaks when needed. It can also be helpful to find a study partner or join a coding community for support and accountability.