Best journals in High Energy Physics (formal theory)

In summary, the conversation is about selecting a journal to submit an article in High Energy Physics. The person is considering between JHEP and Physical Review D, and is wondering which one is rated higher by senior professors and future reviewers. They also ask if there are other journals on par with JHEP and PRD. The other person mentions that the journal matters less than the citations.
arch_quer
Hello, I request inputs about selecting a journal to submit an article in High Energy Physics. This is in formal theory as opposed to Particle Phenomenology. The article is more than ten pages so PRL is not an option. How would you choose between JHEP and Physical Review D? Which is rated higher by senior professors (and future reviewers). Are there other journals considered on par with JHEP and PRD.

Thank you in advance for your time and response.

Physics news on Phys.org
Presumably you are reading those journals. Where does you paper better fit?

Thanks. Both journals seem to publish similar papers (according to me) so I thought I would find out how they are perceived by the community (or even by people in allied areas).

The journal matters less than the citations.

1. What criteria are used to determine the best journals in High Energy Physics (formal theory)?

The criteria used to determine the best journals in High Energy Physics (formal theory) include impact factor, peer review process, editorial board members, citation analysis, and overall reputation in the field.

2. How can I find the top journals in High Energy Physics (formal theory)?

You can find the top journals in High Energy Physics (formal theory) by searching online databases such as Web of Science or Scopus, which provide rankings based on impact factor and other metrics. You can also consult with colleagues or mentors in the field for their recommendations.

3. What is the impact factor of a journal and why is it important?

The impact factor of a journal is a measure of how often articles from that journal are cited in other publications. It is important because it reflects the influence and relevance of the research published in a journal, and can be used as a measure of its quality and prestige.

4. Are open access journals considered among the best in High Energy Physics (formal theory)?

Yes, open access journals can be considered among the best in High Energy Physics (formal theory) as long as they meet the same criteria as traditional journals, such as rigorous peer review and high impact factor. However, it is important to carefully evaluate the reputation and quality of any open access journal before submitting your research.

5. How can I increase the chances of getting my paper accepted in a top journal in High Energy Physics (formal theory)?

To increase the chances of getting your paper accepted in a top journal in High Energy Physics (formal theory), make sure to carefully read and follow the submission guidelines, present your research clearly and concisely, and address any feedback or revisions requested by the journal's reviewers. It can also be helpful to collaborate with experienced researchers in the field and seek their feedback before submitting your paper.