Best way to get an overview of research happening at CERN

In summary, the speaker is seeking recommendations for papers to use as a starting point for their research review on the current work being done at CERN. They mention having difficulty finding relevant papers on Google Scholar and express interest in technology and computing at CERN. Suggestions for resources include the official CERN website, specifically the experiments and computing pages, as well as Wikipedia.
Ananthan9470
I have to write a research review for my University and I want to write a review on all the current work being done at CERN. Can someone please recommend a good place to start reading papers for this purpose? I read a couple of papers that I found in google scholar but I quickly got lost. Is there any particular paper that anyone could recommend which can be a good starting point?

PS. I am not a physics student but a computer science one. I don't mind having to go get through a lot of physics/maths eventually but if anyone knows a good place to start which talks about the technology(especially computing) implemented at CERN, that would be really great.

Physics news on Phys.org
The computing page could be interesting as well.

Likes stoomart

1. What is CERN and what type of research is conducted there?

CERN (European Organization for Nuclear Research) is a European research organization that operates the largest particle physics laboratory in the world. The research conducted at CERN focuses on understanding the fundamental building blocks of matter and the forces that govern them, as well as exploring the origins of the universe.

2. How can I stay updated on the latest research happening at CERN?

The best way to stay updated on CERN's research is to visit their official website, where they regularly post news and updates about their ongoing projects and discoveries. You can also follow CERN on social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook, as well as subscribe to their newsletter.

3. Are there any resources available for a general overview of the research at CERN?

Yes, CERN offers a variety of resources for those interested in getting an overview of the research happening at the organization. These include publications, videos, and virtual tours that provide insights into the different experiments and projects being conducted at CERN.

4. Can I visit CERN and see the research facilities?

Yes, CERN offers guided tours for visitors where you can see some of the research facilities, including the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) and the control room. However, due to safety concerns and the ongoing research activities, some areas may not be accessible to the public.

5. How can I get involved in the research at CERN?

CERN offers opportunities for scientists and engineers to work on projects and experiments at the organization. You can visit their career page to learn about job openings and internship programs. Additionally, CERN also collaborates with universities and research institutions worldwide, providing opportunities for students and researchers to participate in their experiments.