Best way to reproduce these graphics?

• Mathematica
  • Thread starter andresB
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Graphics
In summary, the conversation is about reproducing graphics with arrowheads in the middle of each straight segment. The suggested method is to use TikZ and draw the arrow on top of the line, with a set back from the endpoints. There are also examples provided for reference on how to achieve this.
andresB
I would like some advices to reproduce graphics like this. Particularly, I would like that each straight segment has an arrow in the middle.

Physics news on Phys.org
To put arrowheads within a line you might try drawing an arrow set back from the endpoints on top of the line. For example

Code:
ar[{p_,q_}]:=Arrow[{p,q},1/4 Norm[q-p]];
Graphics[{
ar[{{0,0},{2,0}}],ar[{{4/3,1},{1,1/8}}],ar[{{1/4,1/8},{1,1/2}}],
Line[{{0,0},{2,0},{2,1},{4/3,1},{1,1/8},{1/4,1/8},{1,1/2},{5/4,9/8},{2,9/8}}]
}]

Depending on how you use this you may have to adjust the amount the arrow is set back

1. What software is best for creating graphics?

The best software for creating graphics depends on your specific needs and preferences. Some popular options include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, as well as free alternatives like GIMP and Canva.

2. What file format should I use for my graphics?

The best file format for your graphics will depend on how you plan to use them. For print, vector graphics are best saved as PDF or EPS files, while for digital use, raster images are best saved as PNG or JPEG files.

3. How can I make my graphics visually appealing?

To make your graphics visually appealing, consider using a color scheme that is visually pleasing and easy to read, incorporating high-quality images, and utilizing design principles such as balance, contrast, and hierarchy.

4. What is the best way to resize my graphics?

The best way to resize graphics is to use a software that allows you to scale them without losing image quality, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator. You can also use online tools like Pixlr or Canva to resize your graphics.

5. How can I ensure my graphics are accessible?

To ensure your graphics are accessible, make sure they have sufficient color contrast and are easy to read for individuals with visual impairments. It's also important to provide alternative text descriptions for visually impaired individuals using screen readers.