Body movement question v(t), a(t), x(t)

In summary, the body's speed and acceleration can be determined using the given equations. Its initial speed is 0 m/s and initial acceleration is 16 m/s^2. The position function x(t) can be found to be a quartic equation. The body passes through the origin at t=0s, t=10.194s, and t=3.139s. The minimum distance between the body and the origin is 0m, and the maximum distance can be found by setting the velocity equal to 0.
mystmyst
I don't learn in English so I may phrase words incorrectly. Just let me know if something doesn't make sense

Homework Statement

A body moves in one dimension where his speed is dependent on time:
[tex]v(t) = t^3-10t^2+16t, t \geq0[/tex]. v is in m/s amd t is in s.

a) what is it's initial speed?
b) what is it's initial acceleration?
c) find x(t) if it's known that x(0)=0
d) at what time does the body pass through the origin (x=0)?
e) find the extreme values (max and min) of the distance between the body and the origin, from the beginning of its movement and until the last time it passes through the origin

The Attempt at a Solution

a) initial speed is at t=0, so v=0 m/s
b) initial acceleration is at t=0 [tex]\rightarrow a(t) = 3t^2-20t+16 \rightarrow t=0, a=16 m/s^2[/tex]
c) [tex]x(t) = \frac{1}{4}t^4 - \frac{10}{3}t^3 + 8t^2[/tex] ------not sure about (c)
d) [tex]\frac{1}{4}t^4 - \frac{10}{3}t^3 + 8t^2=0 \rightarrow t=0s, t=10.194s, t=3.139s[/tex]
e) I am not sure about this one: wouldn't the min distance be 0m. since if x=0, there is no distance. and what do I do for the max distance? how do I know what the max distance is?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
You can find the distance extrema by looking for when velocity=0. Everything else looks good.

Related to Body movement question v(t), a(t), x(t)

What is the meaning of v(t) in body movement?

V(t) represents the velocity of the body at a given time. It shows the speed and direction of the body's movement at any point in time.

How is a(t) related to body movement?

A(t) is the acceleration of the body at a given time. It is the rate of change of velocity, and it affects the speed and direction of the body's movement.

What does x(t) represent in body movement?

X(t) is the displacement of the body at a given time. It shows the distance and direction of the body from its starting point at any point in time.

How are v(t), a(t), and x(t) related to each other in body movement?

V(t) and a(t) are related through the equation a(t) = dv(t)/dt, where dv(t) is the change in velocity over time. X(t) and v(t) are related through the equation v(t) = dx(t)/dt, where dx(t) is the change in displacement over time.

How can v(t), a(t), and x(t) be used to analyze body movement?

By observing the changes in v(t), a(t), and x(t) over time, we can understand the speed, direction, and position of the body at any given time. This information can be used to study and analyze various aspects of body movement, such as gait analysis, sports performance, and rehabilitation.