Book for improving problem solving skills for these types of questions

In summary, the best book for improving problem solving skills can vary based on individual needs and learning styles. Reading a book can help improve problem solving skills, but it is important to practice and apply the concepts learned in real-life situations. The time it takes to see improvement can vary and there are books that focus on specific types of problems. Other methods such as practice, mentorship, and workshops can also help improve problem solving skills.
Kappa123
I have a test coming, any good book for understand and getting good at these kinds of questions would be great :)
(From the Australian Math Contest)

Likes Delta2 and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a difficult question since you usually cannot repeat in a few days what took longer in class, except along the lines of the schoolbook which has been used.

For a general recommendation at this level I would check out these books:
https://openstax.org/subjects

Likes Kappa123

1. What is the best way to improve problem solving skills?

The best way to improve problem solving skills is to practice regularly and engage in activities that challenge your critical thinking abilities. Reading books specifically designed to improve problem solving skills can also be helpful.

2. How can a book help me improve my problem solving skills?

A book can provide you with different strategies and techniques for approaching problems, as well as real-life examples and exercises to practice. It can also help you develop a better understanding of the problem solving process and how to apply it in different situations.

3. Can problem solving skills be learned or are they innate?

While some people may have a natural inclination towards problem solving, it is a skill that can be learned and improved upon with practice and dedication. By using the right techniques and strategies, anyone can develop strong problem solving skills.

4. Are there different types of problem solving skills?

Yes, there are different types of problem solving skills, such as analytical thinking, creative thinking, and critical thinking. Each type involves a different approach and set of skills, but they can all be developed and improved upon.

5. How can problem solving skills benefit me in my career?

Strong problem solving skills are highly valued in the workplace and can benefit you in various ways. They can help you make informed decisions, find effective solutions, and overcome challenges in your job. They can also make you a valuable asset to any team or organization.