Book Question (Practice/Exercise/Workbook/Problems on Basic Physics)

In summary, the conversation discusses the search for a basic physics book with workbook and answer solutions, from popular publishers such as McGraw-Hill, John Wiley, Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Brooks Cole, and Cengage Learning. While Schaums Outline is frequently recommended, it is not from a famous publisher and the quality may not be guaranteed. The conversation also mentions the dislike for the Schaums series and suggests considering Irodov's classic, despite its lack of fully solved problems.
askor
Can someone please tell me what basic physics book for workbook/problem/exercises with answers/solutions is best for beginner. I am looking for book with famous publishers such as McGraw-Hill, John Wiley, Prentice Hall, Addison Wesley, Brooks Cole, Cengage Learning and so on. Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
If calculus based physics. One of the books that is frequently recommended is Schaums Outline https://www.amazon.com/dp/0071763465/?tag=pfamazon01-20.

However, it is not from a famous publisher... Just be aware that, just because a book is published by one of the major book publishers, it does not mean its a quality material...

Likes dextercioby
I don't like schaums series, is there any another book?

What's wrong with Irodov's classic? The fact that it doesn't have fully solved problems?

1. What is the purpose of a book question on basic physics?

Book questions on basic physics serve as practice exercises and problems for students to apply their understanding of fundamental concepts and principles in physics. They are designed to help students improve their problem-solving skills and deepen their understanding of the subject.

2. How can I benefit from practicing book questions on basic physics?

Practicing book questions on basic physics can help you improve your critical thinking and analytical skills, as well as your ability to apply theoretical concepts to real-world problems. It can also help you identify areas where you may need to review or strengthen your understanding.

3. Are book questions on basic physics similar to exam questions?

Book questions on basic physics may have a similar format or level of difficulty to exam questions, but they are not exactly the same. These questions are meant to be used as practice and may cover a wider range of topics than what will be tested on an exam.

4. How should I approach book questions on basic physics?

To effectively practice book questions on basic physics, it is important to first review the relevant concepts and equations. Then, carefully read and understand the question before attempting to solve it. Use problem-solving strategies such as drawing diagrams, breaking down the problem into smaller parts, and checking your answer for reasonableness.

5. Where can I find additional resources for book questions on basic physics?

Aside from the questions provided in your textbook or workbook, there are many online resources and study guides available to help you practice and improve your skills in basic physics. You can also consult your teacher or a tutor for additional practice problems and guidance.