Books on electrical engineering

In summary, the conversation is about a person seeking advice on acquiring books for learning electrical engineering from scratch. They are directed to two links that provide helpful resources for beginners, including a book recommendation.
kevingute
Can someone give me a lead for acquiring books for electrical engineering? I want to learn electrical engineering, but I would be starting from scratch and would like to purchase books to teach myself. Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
A students guide to maxwells equations. buy it. love it. eat it.

Cool, thanks!

As a scientist with a background in electrical engineering, I would recommend starting with textbooks that cover the fundamentals of the subject. Some popular titles include "Fundamentals of Electric Circuits" by Charles Alexander and Matthew Sadiku, "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan Hambley, and "Introduction to Electric Circuits" by Richard C. Dorf and James A. Svoboda.

In addition to textbooks, I would also suggest looking into online resources such as MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) or tutorial videos on platforms like YouTube. These can provide a more interactive and visual learning experience.

It may also be helpful to reach out to your local library or university to see if they have any resources or recommendations for self-study in electrical engineering. Many libraries offer free access to online databases and e-books on the subject.

Lastly, I would recommend networking with other professionals or students in the field of electrical engineering. They may have personal recommendations for books or resources that have helped them in their own learning journey.

Overall, acquiring books on electrical engineering is a great first step in your self-study journey, but don't be afraid to explore other resources as well. Best of luck in your learning endeavors!

Related to Books on electrical engineering

1. What is electrical engineering?

Electrical engineering is a field of study that involves the design, development, testing, and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems. It encompasses a wide range of topics, including electronics, power systems, telecommunications, and control systems.

2. What kind of books are available on electrical engineering?

There are various types of books on electrical engineering, including textbooks, reference books, practical guides, and research papers. These books cover topics such as circuit analysis, electromagnetics, digital systems, and power electronics.

3. Who can benefit from reading books on electrical engineering?

Anyone who is interested in learning about the principles and applications of electricity and electronics can benefit from reading books on electrical engineering. This includes students, researchers, and professionals in the field.

4. How can books on electrical engineering help with career advancement?

Books on electrical engineering can provide a deeper understanding of the subject and help individuals develop the necessary skills and knowledge for career advancement. They can also serve as a reference for solving real-world problems and staying updated with the latest developments in the field.

5. Are there any recommended books on electrical engineering?

Yes, there are many highly recommended books on electrical engineering, including "Principles of Electric Circuits" by Thomas L. Floyd, "Microelectronic Circuits" by Adel S. Sedra and Kenneth C. Smith, and "Electrical Engineering: Principles and Applications" by Allan R. Hambley. It is best to consult with professors or professionals in the field for personalized recommendations.