Book's title help? (given a figure from the book)

In summary, the conversation is about trying to identify a book using figures from the book, specifically Thomas L. Floyd's "Electronic Devices conventional current version". The conversation also touches on the legality of accessing the book through a Google search.
Vigan
Can anybody tell me which book is this one, if you can tell from the figure below?!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 315
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

You might be able to use Google image search to find out.

Tried, but did not work...

Another figure from the same book...

Attachments

• 1111.png
    1111.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 345
Both of these figures come from Thomas L. Floyd "Electronic Devices conventional current version".

Last edited:
Likes Vigan
Jony130 said:
Both of these figures come from Thomas L. Floyd "Electronic Devices conventional current version".
https://abmpk.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/electronic-devices-9-th-edition-thomas-floyd.pdf ( page 102)
That's great! But that PDF looks to be copyrighted. Is that a legal copy?

berkeman said:
That's great! But that PDF looks to be copyrighted. Is that a legal copy?
I don't know. I found it via google, first hit.

Jony130 said:
I don't know. I found it via google, first hit.

Looks like the link got deleted by another Mentor -- that's probably for the best. It's still great that you knew which book it was from! :smile:

Related to Book's title help? (given a figure from the book)

1. What is the significance of the figure in the book?

The figure in the book is often used as a visual representation or illustration of a concept or data mentioned in the text. Its purpose is to help readers better understand and visualize the information being presented.

2. How does the figure relate to the rest of the book?

The figure is usually directly related to the topic or theme of the book. It may provide evidence or support for the arguments being made, or serve as a visual aid for further explanation and analysis.

3. Can I use the figure in my own work?

It is important to check the copyright and usage rights of the figure before using it in your own work. If the figure is not original and taken from another source, you may need to obtain permission or properly cite the source.

4. How was the figure created?

The figure may have been created using various methods, such as data visualization tools, computer software, or hand-drawn illustrations. The caption or citation of the figure may provide more information on its creation process.

5. Is the figure accurate and reliable?

The accuracy and reliability of the figure depends on the sources and data used to create it. It is important to critically evaluate the figure and its sources to determine its validity. If there are any discrepancies or concerns, it is best to consult with the author or do further research.