Build a T-Shirt Launcher with Mechanics - Ideas & Tips

• Thread starter bcd201115
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Launcher
In summary, a t-shirt launcher works by using compressed air or CO2 to launch a t-shirt at high speeds. To build one, you will need PVC pipes, an air tank, a valve, a trigger mechanism, a barrel, and some basic tools. The distance it can shoot depends on various factors, and it is important to take safety precautions when using it. It can also be modified to shoot other objects, but caution must be taken to adjust the pressure and barrel size accordingly.
bcd201115
I have to build a t-shirt launcher as an engineering project using only mechanics, no pneumatics or pressurized air. Can anyone give me any ideas on this? Right now my idea involves a pvc pipe and resistance bands inside as a slingshot. I want to use a trigger to release the slingshot but I am not sure about how to go about doing it.

Physics news on Phys.org
Take a look at the release mechanism on a crossbow.

10_11_07_crossbow_trigger.jpg

1. How does a t-shirt launcher work?

A t-shirt launcher works by using compressed air or CO2 to launch a t-shirt at high speeds. The air or gas is stored in a tank and released through a valve, pushing the t-shirt out of the launcher's barrel.

2. What materials do I need to build a t-shirt launcher?

You will need PVC pipes, an air tank, a valve, a trigger mechanism, a barrel, and some basic tools like a saw and drill. You can also use materials like wood or metal instead of PVC pipes for a more durable launcher.

3. How far can a t-shirt launcher shoot?

The distance a t-shirt launcher can shoot depends on the amount of compressed air or gas used, the weight of the t-shirt, and the angle of the barrel. On average, a t-shirt launcher can shoot anywhere from 50 to 200 feet.

4. Are there any safety precautions I should take when using a t-shirt launcher?

Yes, it is important to follow safety precautions when using a t-shirt launcher. Always wear protective gear, such as goggles and gloves, and make sure to point the launcher away from people and objects. Also, be sure to check and maintain the launcher regularly to avoid any accidents.

5. Can I modify a t-shirt launcher to shoot other objects?

Yes, you can modify a t-shirt launcher to shoot other objects like tennis balls or water balloons. However, be sure to adjust the pressure and barrel size accordingly to ensure safe and accurate launching of these objects.