Buy Arduino Kit: Best Offer Under $100 AUD

• Thread starter ISamson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Arduino
In summary, purchasing an Arduino kit for under $100 AUD is a cost-effective and practical way to begin exploring the world of electronics and programming. Arduino kits contain all the necessary components and instructions for building various projects and can be used for a wide range of applications, making it a versatile and valuable investment for both beginners and experienced users. With the ability to easily connect and program sensors, motors, and other devices, an Arduino kit offers endless possibilities for creativity and learning. Plus, with the convenience of online shopping, finding the best offer for an Arduino kit under $100 AUD has never been easier.
ISamson
Gold Member
Hello,
I have been planning to purchase an Arduino kit. Since I am a beginner, I am wondering what will be the best offer for me within the range of 100AUD.
I thought I would ask the experts!
Thank you.

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ivan Samsonov said:
I am wondering what will be the best offer for me
That will depend on where you purchase it (store/online). Since you are a beginner, I'd recommend arduino UNO. I believe it will fit in your budget. Make sure they also give you the compatible USB. If you buy that separately, it might not work. Just download the IDE (for free) and start playing.
Have you taken any programming course yet?

I bought a kit on Amazon for about $50. It came with a breadboard, wires, components, and a nice little book that led me through 10 beginner's projects. It was a fun way to learn and it left me with stuff still useful after I was done learning.

I plan to purchase one online.
I have not taken any courses yet, but this is why I am interested in an Arduino. I would also like to purchase a booklet explaining basic Arduino projects and concepts.
Would Arduino/Genuino UNO be alright?

I think a good deal would be: https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-starter-kit because it has all the beginner needs, including the booklet.

Ivan Samsonov said:
I think a good deal would be: https://store.arduino.cc/usa/arduino-starter-kit because it has all the beginner needs, including the booklet.
That is a good place to start.
Websites like codeacadamy are also good for learning to program

May want to only spend 1/2 of the budget now, and reserve the rest for once you get an idea of the types of projects you like.

Likes austinuni and Tom.G
Windadct said:
May want to only spend 1/2 of the budget now, and reserve the rest for once you get an idea of the types of projects you like.

While that is great advice, I think the starter pack he is looking at is a great choice (I bought something similar years ago). It will allow him to create a load of projects. Did you look at what's included in the pack? It will allow him to create all sorts of prototype projects and more importantly learn about all of those devices for future work. Unless I'm mistaken this pack includes all that is needed for the projects book

1 Projects Book (170 pages), 1 Arduino / Genuino Uno, 1 USB cable, 1 Breadboard 400 points, 70Solid core jumper wires, 1 https://store.arduino.cc/product/FB00001?language=en, 1 9v battery snap, 1 Stranded jumper wires (black), 1 Stranded jumper wires (red), 6 Phototransistor, 3 Potentiometer 10kOhms, 10Pushbuttons, 1 Temperature sensor [TMP36], 1 Tilt sensor, 1 alphanumeric LCD (16x2 characters), 1LED (bright white), 1 LED (RGB), 8 LEDs (red), 8 LEDs (green), 8 LEDs (yellow), 3 LEDs (blue), 1 Small DC motor 6/9V, 1 Small servo motor, 1 Piezo capsule [PKM17EPP-4001-B0], 1 H-bridge motor driver [L293D], 1 Optocouplers [4N35], 2 Mosfet transistors [IRF520], 5 Capacitors 100uF, 5 Diodes [1N4007], 3 Transparent gels (red, green, blue), 1 Male pins strip (40x1), 20 Resistors 220 Ohms, 5Resistors 560 Ohms, 5 Resistors 1 kOhms, 5 Resistors 4.7 kOhms, 20 Resistors 10 kOhms, 5Resistors 1 MOhms, 5 Resistors 10 MOhms

I have already ordered the starter kit.

1. What is an Arduino Kit?

An Arduino Kit is a set of electronic components and hardware, including an Arduino board, that can be used to create and experiment with various electronic projects. It is a popular tool for learning and prototyping in the field of electronics and programming.

2. What can I do with an Arduino Kit?

With an Arduino Kit, you can build a wide range of electronic projects, such as robots, home automation systems, musical instruments, and more. The possibilities are endless, and it is a great tool for both beginners and experienced engineers.

3. How much does an Arduino Kit cost?

The cost of an Arduino Kit can vary depending on the components included and the brand. However, the Best Offer Under $100 AUD means that you can get a high-quality Arduino Kit with all the necessary components for less than $100 AUD.

4. Is an Arduino Kit suitable for beginners?

Yes, an Arduino Kit is perfect for beginners who want to learn about electronics and programming. The kits usually come with instructions and tutorials, making it easy for beginners to get started and build their first project.

5. What is the difference between an Arduino Kit and a Raspberry Pi?

An Arduino Kit and a Raspberry Pi are both popular tools for learning and building electronic projects. However, the main difference is that an Arduino Kit is designed specifically for electronics and is better suited for simple, low-power projects, while a Raspberry Pi is a mini-computer that can handle more complex tasks and has more processing power.