Calculus 1: Easier the Second Time Around? Opinions Wanted!

In summary, the conversation discusses how math classes, specifically calculus, can seem difficult at first but become easier with practice and experience. The speakers also mention how they can now solve problems without having to write out each step and how they used to struggle with certain concepts but now find them intuitive. They also mention how their previous experience with math has helped them excel in more advanced classes.
Jurrasic
Taken previously? Right now does a calculus 1 class , seem easy to you, compared to when you first took it? Usually when you take math classes they seems kind of daunting at first and then when you do math beyond that what seemed kind of perplexing at first becomes super easy? Opinions?

Physics news on Phys.org

Well yea, that kinda goes for most things. For example in Calc 1, the chain rule. I used to have to write out what the inside and out side portions were and their derivatives out to the side. Now I constantly do all that in my head without even thinking about any of that. In fact derivatives as a whole I do in my head where I used to have to write out the steps on paper.

I remember when the delta epsilon theory was so mystifying. Now its pretty intuitive and I find the idea a rather practical tool.

I took Calculus I after a 4 year absence from ANY math class. IF I could go back now, I would earn an A easily. Calculus II, with all the integral techniques and applications, makes Calculus I look like a joke! BTW, I have a BA in English and am now attempting engineering with the faith that "Hey, anyone can do it!".

I used to find basic integrals daunting. Now I can generally do them in my head.

I remember a time when I couldn't do integration by parts in my head.

Related to Calculus 1: Easier the Second Time Around? Opinions Wanted!

1. What is Calculus 1: Easier the Second Time Around?

Calculus 1: Easier the Second Time Around is a course designed to help students who struggled with calculus in their first attempt gain a better understanding of the subject.

2. Is this course only for those who have previously taken Calculus 1?

No, this course is open to all students who are interested in learning calculus or improving their understanding of the subject. It can be particularly beneficial for those who have struggled with calculus in the past.

3. Who can benefit from taking Calculus 1: Easier the Second Time Around?

This course can benefit students of all levels, from beginners to those who have previously taken calculus but want to strengthen their understanding. It can also be helpful for those preparing for college-level calculus courses.

4. How is this course different from a traditional Calculus 1 course?

This course focuses on a more visual and intuitive approach to learning calculus, making it easier for students to grasp the concepts. It also provides additional practice and resources for students who may need more support.

5. Can this course be taken online?

Yes, this course is available online for students to take at their own pace. It includes video lectures, practice problems, and resources to help students learn and understand the material.