Can I do PhD in Physics after Medicine

In summary, if you want a PhD in Physics, you will need to have a strong foundation in the field. If you do not have this knowledge, you may need to start with a Bachelor's degree in Physics and potentially complete additional coursework to make up for any deficiencies. It is also important to consider your end goal and whether obtaining an MD before pursuing a PhD in Physics is necessary or beneficial.
Natapon
Do I need to study Bachelor in Physics, If not, How?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you want a PhD in Physics (or any other discipline outside of medicine), you will need to master all of the elementary parts of the field. Perhaps you already have this knowledge, but if not, you will have to start at the beginning. You might find a school that will admit you to the graduate program with the provision that you take certain prescribed "make-up" work to learn the physics and math that you may be lacking.

By "medicine", do you mean earning your MD? Why would you want to go through all that work and clinicals and residency, only to turn around and spend many more years working toward your PhD in Physics? What is your end goal?

1. Can I pursue a PhD in Physics after completing a degree in Medicine?

Yes, it is possible to do a PhD in Physics after completing a degree in Medicine. While it may require some additional coursework or prerequisites, many universities offer programs that allow students to transition from one field to another for their PhD studies.

2. Will my background in Medicine be considered when applying for a PhD in Physics?

Yes, your background in Medicine may be considered when applying for a PhD in Physics. Depending on the program and university, your previous coursework and experience may be taken into account during the admissions process.

3. Do I need to have a strong background in Physics to pursue a PhD in the field?

Ideally, a strong background in Physics is recommended for pursuing a PhD in the field. However, some programs may offer remedial courses or bridge programs for students with a weaker background in Physics to catch up before beginning their PhD studies.

4. Can I combine my knowledge in Medicine with Physics for my PhD research?

Yes, you can combine your knowledge in Medicine with Physics for your PhD research. Many universities have interdisciplinary programs that allow students to integrate their knowledge from different fields for their research projects.

5. Are there any specific areas of Physics that are more closely related to Medicine?

Yes, there are several areas of Physics that are closely related to Medicine, such as medical physics, biophysics, and biomedical engineering. These fields involve the application of physics principles and techniques to medical research and technology.