Can I Still Stay Connected to the Cosmology Field After Leaving It?

• Thread starter Bancrates
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible to stay connected to the cosmology field even after leaving it. This can be achieved through various means such as attending conferences and workshops, staying updated on current research and developments, and networking with other professionals in the field. Additionally, there are opportunities to contribute to the field through writing and publishing papers, mentoring younger scientists, and participating in online discussions and forums. While leaving the field may bring about some challenges, there are still ways to remain involved and engaged with the cosmology community.
Bancrates
How did you find PF?
I'm a longtime lurker.
Hi folks,

I've finished my PhD in theoretical cosmology this summer, and will be leaving the field shortly to take up a career elsewhere. I contemplated postdoctoral opportunities but ultimately they were not compatible with my relationship needs or some of my other life goals. I still want to remain connected to the field, and still massively enjoy learning any new physics I can - I often find myself reading textbooks and working problems for entertainment.

Nice to meet y'all!

Likes Keith_McClary, berkeman and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome: