Can I trick my subconscious to stay awake after waking early?

• Thread starter shivajikobardan
  • Start date
In summary, the person is struggling with waking up early due to laziness and the winter season, but they are looking for ways to trick their body into waking up for just one day. They have an exam tomorrow and have already finished studying, but want to spend more time revising. They are advised to prioritize getting a good night's sleep rather than cramming, and to focus on long-term comprehension rather than studying just for exams. However, the person mentions that their exams are based on memorization, and they feel they don't have enough time or are not capable enough. They also mention the unique feeling of revising something multiple times and wanting that experience again.
shivajikobardan
I can wake up early. problem is I am lazy subconsciously and it's winter so I sleep again. Any way to trick it just for 1 day? Tommorow is my exam and I have finished studying and revising most of things, I want to spend some time revising again. Any tips will be appreciated.

Physics news on Phys.org
You have to follow a similar rhythm for your body to get used to it. Suck it up, you're likely out of luck tomorrow. Get a good night's sleep and stay hydrated.

More light might help.

But if that exam is tomorrow then I may suggest to focus on that and leave this side project for different times.

shivajikobardan said:
Any tips will be appreciated.
I would suggest that if the exam is tomorrow a good night's sleep will do you far more good than sleep-deprived cramming. You sound prepared.
Get out of the habit of studying "for exams". Always study for long term comprehension and you don'thave to sweat the small stuff

hutchphd said:
I would suggest that if the exam is tomorrow a good night's sleep will do you far more good than sleep-deprived cramming. You sound prepared.
Get out of the habit of studying "for exams". Always study for long term comprehension and you don'thave to sweat the small stuff
our exams are memorization based. i approach study for long term. problem is time is too short for exams or i am too dumb and slow minded. that feeling you get when you revise same thing 3 times is unparalleled. i want that experience again :) let's see.

• Haha
Likes hutchphd

1. Can I really trick my subconscious to stay awake after waking up early?

While it is possible to manipulate your subconscious to some extent, it is not recommended to try to trick it into staying awake. Your subconscious is a powerful and essential part of your brain, and tampering with it can have negative consequences on your mental and physical well-being.

2. What are some methods for tricking my subconscious into staying awake?

Some people may try to use caffeine or other stimulants to keep themselves awake after waking up early. However, these temporary solutions can have long-term negative effects on your health. It is better to focus on developing healthy sleep habits, such as going to bed at a consistent time and creating a relaxing sleep environment.

3. Can I use hypnosis to trick my subconscious into staying awake?

Hypnosis is a controversial method for altering one's subconscious, and there is limited scientific evidence to support its effectiveness in staying awake after waking up early. Additionally, hypnosis should only be performed by a trained professional, as it can have unintended consequences.

4. Will tricking my subconscious to stay awake affect my overall sleep quality?

Yes, trying to manipulate your subconscious to stay awake after waking up early can have a negative impact on your overall sleep quality. Your body needs restful sleep to function properly, and disrupting your natural sleep patterns can lead to sleep deprivation and other health issues.

5. Are there any natural ways to train my subconscious to stay awake after waking up early?

While there is no guaranteed way to train your subconscious to stay awake after waking up early, there are some natural techniques that can help. These include practicing good sleep hygiene, such as avoiding screens before bedtime and creating a comfortable sleep environment. Additionally, regular exercise and a healthy diet can also improve your overall sleep quality.