Can Open Yale Courses Help You Study Math, Physics, and Chemistry on Your Own?

• Studying
  • Thread starter rtd
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Self-study
In summary, there are various ways to self-study in subjects like maths, physics, and chemistry. These include watching video lectures, reading textbooks and solving problems. Additionally, online resources like Khan Academy and Open Yale Courses offer free lessons and lectures for self-study in these subjects.
rtd
ways for self studying in maths , physics& chemistry

Physics news on Phys.org
There are tons of ways of self studying on your own. Watch video lectures, or get your hands on some textbooks and read through it yourself. Solve the problems in the book, too. How old are you? What exactly do you like?

my age is 15. i am in class xi cbse. i want to complete my study before schooi gets reopen

rtd said:
ways for self studying in maths , physics& chemistry

I have not taken their courses, but Khan Academy has free online lessons (I think they're free) in a wide variety of science and mathematics subjects:
https://www.khanacademy.org

You could also try Open Yale Courses. They're pretty much just selected, free lectures from Yale profs available to anyone who has the desire to watch them. Khan is good, but OYC might allow you to watch something a bit different than Sal :smile:

http://oyc.yale.edu/

What is self-study without tuitions?

Self-study without tuitions refers to the practice of learning and studying a subject or skill on your own, without the guidance or assistance of a teacher or tutor. It involves taking responsibility for your own learning and using resources such as textbooks, online materials, and practice exercises to improve your understanding and mastery of the subject.

Why would someone choose to self-study without tuitions?

There are several reasons why someone may choose to self-study without tuitions. Some may prefer the flexibility and independence of studying on their own schedule. Others may not have the financial means to afford tuitions or may not have access to a tutor. Additionally, some people may find that they learn better when they have control over their own learning process.

What are the benefits of self-study without tuitions?

Self-study without tuitions can have many benefits, such as fostering self-discipline and self-motivation, developing critical thinking skills, and promoting independent learning. It also allows individuals to tailor their learning experience to their own needs and pace, and can be a more cost-effective option compared to tuitions.

What are some effective strategies for self-study without tuitions?

Some effective strategies for self-study without tuitions include setting specific goals, creating a study schedule, finding and utilizing reliable resources, actively engaging with the material, and seeking help or clarification when needed. It is also important to stay organized, review and practice regularly, and stay motivated by keeping track of progress and celebrating achievements.

Are there any disadvantages to self-study without tuitions?

While self-study without tuitions can be a great option for many individuals, it may not be suitable for everyone. Some may struggle with staying motivated and disciplined without the structure and guidance of a teacher. It may also be challenging to find reliable resources and get feedback on progress. It is important to assess one's learning style and needs before deciding if self-study without tuitions is the right approach.