Can testosterone adversly affect me?

• Thread starter supernova1203
  • Start date
In summary: Testosterone boosters, i can just continue doing what i'm doing and be fine.You are correct, testosterone boosters will not increase your testosterone levels significantly. You will only see a small increase. Additionally, you don't need to worry about becoming a meathead. Your testosterone levels are good enough for you.
supernova1203
Iv been studying and for the past year i haven't gone to the gym, and iv been a vegetarian all my life, my grades have been ok, I am just finishing my mathematics course, the question i have is if i start seriously working out again(and start eating lean meats), i know I am going to pack a lot of lean muscle very quickly(good genes, thanks mom:)) and my testosterone levels rill run sky high...will this affect my studies? will i be less likely to want to study/and or finish studying? Especially complex stuff like calculus, physics etc?

Iv read that convicts/felons have excessive testosterone levels and that affects how they think, so will my workouts/muscle building change the way i behave/feel? So much so that ill want to study less and behave more like those guys?

(I really don't want to stop studying and i know this sounds like a joke but I am very serious)

I posted this in the biology section, it would make most sense here:)

thanks

Edit: I remember i was quite the hothead when i was really working out, in those days i was more prone to do stupid things

I just don't want to become a dumb meat head @_@

Last edited:
Biology news on Phys.org
having difficulty dealing with puberty and adolescence changes is common to most everyone. i wouldn't blame it on testosterone. your testosterone levels, on average, will continue to rise until some time in your mid 20s. it's no reason to avoid exercise. in general, exercise will improve brain function.

hmm.. i suppose your right, my brother did the same thing, he does good in school, shouldn't be a problem i suppose

my testosterone level makes me aggressive. I need a castration.

You should be fine. Testosterone won't change your personality to such an extent, the increase will be negligible to your hot-headedness.

A little meditation everyday along with exercise would also help.

A long time ago I read in OMNI magazine there was a study done on guys in jail. The ones that got out and stayed out had less male hormones that the guys that got out and went back in. I guess more hormones make them think less logically and act on emotion more often which lands them back in jail.

Exercise shouldn't affect your studies negatively, Proton Soup is correct in that exercise will help brain functioning. Also lifting and exercise is an excellent way to relieve stress, allowing you to focus more on your studies, perhaps?

Avoid steroids or testosterone boosting supplements!

Testosterone is the key to why males have a much shorter life expectancy than females. It makes em more likely to do stupid things that gets them killed, and it also becomes a source of physiological stress.. which can lead to medical issues.

Will it turn you into a meathead? Ehh, depends on the personality. I think balance is more key to a healthy lifestyle. Too much of a good thing is never a good thing.

supernova1203 said:
Iv been studying and for the past year i haven't gone to the gym, and iv been a vegetarian all my life, my grades have been ok, I am just finishing my mathematics course, the question i have is if i start seriously working out again(and start eating lean meats), i know I am going to pack a lot of lean muscle very quickly(good genes, thanks mom:)) and my testosterone levels rill run sky high...will this affect my studies? will i be less likely to want to study/and or finish studying? Especially complex stuff like calculus, physics etc?

Iv read that convicts/felons have excessive testosterone levels and that affects how they think, so will my workouts/muscle building change the way i behave/feel? So much so that ill want to study less and behave more like those guys?

(I really don't want to stop studying and i know this sounds like a joke but I am very serious)

I posted this in the biology section, it would make most sense here:)

thanks

Edit: I remember i was quite the hothead when i was really working out, in those days i was more prone to do stupid things

I just don't want to become a dumb meat head @_@

Your testosterone levels will not skyrocket. You will have a probably have a just a low increase. Also, keep reasonable expectations about how much "lean muscle mass" you can pack. For most regular recreational trainees the results modest.

DanP said:
Your testosterone levels will not skyrocket. You will have a probably have a just a low increase. Also, keep reasonable expectations about how much "lean muscle mass" you can pack. For most regular recreational trainees the results modest.

eh, last year i got my 6 pack without touching any meat(including no fish or eggs) just fruits and veggies, i know my body and my genes:)

supernova1203 said:
eh, last year i got my 6 pack without touching any meat(including no fish or eggs) just fruits and veggies, i know my body and my genes:)

Your six pack is more a question of how much fat you pack than "a lot of lean muscle" and "skyrocketing testosterone". There is no reason of concern for you that you will get a drastically increase in testosterone levels if you go to a gym, especially on an on and off basis as you see to have done it before.

Besides that, testosterone is only a modulator of aggressive behaviors. It is required for a full scale display of aggressiveness, but this modulation effect is not linear. A low yet physiological normal level of testosterone has almost the same effect in modulating aggressive behaviors as the very upper limit of normal levels

As for you knowing your genes, no, you have no idea what they are unless you payed someone to sequence your genome.

1. How does testosterone affect my health?

Testosterone is a hormone that plays a crucial role in the development of male physical characteristics and reproductive function. It also has an impact on bone density, muscle mass, and red blood cell production. However, excessive levels of testosterone can lead to negative effects on the body, including an increased risk of heart disease and prostate cancer.

2. Can testosterone cause mood changes?

Yes, testosterone can have an impact on mood and behavior. Low levels of testosterone have been linked to symptoms of depression, irritability, and fatigue. On the other hand, excessively high levels of testosterone can lead to aggression and mood swings.

3. Is there a link between testosterone and hair loss?

There is a common belief that higher levels of testosterone can lead to male pattern baldness. However, the relationship between testosterone and hair loss is complex and not fully understood. While testosterone does play a role in hair growth, genetics and other factors also contribute to hair loss.

4. How does testosterone affect my fertility?

Testosterone is a key hormone in male fertility. It is responsible for the development and maintenance of the male reproductive system, including the production of sperm. Low testosterone levels can lead to decreased sperm production and fertility issues.

5. Can taking testosterone supplements be harmful?

Testosterone supplements should only be taken under the supervision of a healthcare professional. While they may be beneficial for individuals with low testosterone levels, taking too much testosterone can have adverse effects on the body. It is important to consult with a doctor before starting any testosterone supplementation.