Can the Rubik's Cube be Solved in a Disco?

• Thread starter Firecoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Topic
In summary: You can terach them how an object's perceived color has less to do with the properties of the object itself and more to do with the light that impinges on an object.(A red square under blue light is not red - it's black.)Do something about electromagnetic propultion. Build a linear homopolar motor they are pretty cool and show it to those you are presenting too.
Firecoe
Hi guys.
I need help coming up with a topic for my year 11 physics speech which goes for 5 min. I decided to ask here cause my teacher marks hard so i need some good topics.
The question i have choosen talk about is "Is it possible to solve a rubiks cube in a disco?".
If anyone can suggest some better topics that would be great or even if they can recommend a change in this topic it would be very helpful.

Physics news on Phys.org
What exactly does that question even mean? What does it mean to solve a rubiks cube in a disco...?

I find your topic almost has nothing to do with physics.
Why don't you try How eclipses occur on Earth?

pixel01 said:
I find your topic almost has nothing to do with physics.

I thought I could talk about the behaviour light and its reflection from coloured objects.
How does eclipses have to do with physics?

brilliant :)

k

Firecoe said:
I thought I could talk about the behaviour light and its reflection from coloured objects.

Eclipses have to do with the orbits of bodies in space and light.

I think that eclipses are quite elementary depending on the level of math you are able to use.

Ideas:
Flywheels and their practical applications
Magnetic propulsion and it's current applications.

Just a couple of ideas.

People making suggestions should keep in mind that 5 minutes is maybe 400-500 words - less than a page of text.

Firecoe said:

What?, you can not see any link between eclipse and physics?
There's coming sun eclipse today, so it is certainly more interesting.

Vanadium 50 said:
People making suggestions should keep in mind that 5 minutes is maybe 400-500 words - less than a page of text.

I...would...like...to...debate...the...length...of...the...speech.

I think that you can go more than 500 words in 5 minutes...at least that's my experience from many speakers I've seen.

Firecoe said:
I love it.

You can terach them how an object's perceived colour has less to do with the properties of the object itself and more to do with the light that impinges on an object.

(A red square under blue light is not red - it's black.)

Do something about electromagnetic propultion. Build a linear homopolar motor they are pretty cool and show it to those you are presenting too.

I like the disco idea as well. Its creative, interesting and educational.

Related to Can the Rubik's Cube be Solved in a Disco?

1. What is the topic of your 5 minute speech?

The topic of my 5 minute speech is the importance of renewable energy sources.

2. Why is renewable energy important?

Renewable energy is important because it is sustainable and does not contribute to climate change like fossil fuels do. It also helps reduce our dependence on limited resources and creates new job opportunities.

3. What are some examples of renewable energy sources?

Some examples of renewable energy sources include solar, wind, hydro, geothermal, and biomass. These sources harness energy from natural processes and are constantly replenished.

4. How does renewable energy impact the environment?

Renewable energy has a positive impact on the environment because it produces little to no greenhouse gas emissions, reduces air pollution, and conserves water resources. It also helps mitigate the effects of climate change.

5. What are some challenges associated with implementing renewable energy?

Some challenges associated with implementing renewable energy include high initial costs, intermittency, and the need for infrastructure and storage solutions. However, these challenges can be overcome with advancements in technology and policies that support renewable energy.