Careers that use introductory physics concepts

Electrical_engineeringIn summary, the conversation discusses an assignment about researching careers that use physics. The units of physics studied this year include Forces and Motion, Energy and Momentum, Electric and Magnetic Fields, and Waves of Light. The assignment requires a brief overview of the career and how it relates to the physics units. The first suggested career is a Radiologist, which uses magnetic fields in their work. The person also asks for suggestions for another career that involves physics and is easy to research. Some suggestions given are Mechanical Engineering and Electrical Engineering. These careers require knowledge of the first three units studied in physics.
mime
Member advised to use the homework template for posts in the homework sections of PF.
I have an assignment on researching 2 careers that use one of the units of Physics that we've studied this year. The units we studied were Forces and motion (kinematics), Energy and Momentum, Electric and Magnetic fields, and Waves of light (not too keen on doing it for this.) I have to give a brief overview of the career, and focus on the physics involved, and also relate the career to any other physics units if applicable.

First, I've thought of doing the first career as a Radiologist as they use MRIs in their everyday lives, which uses magnetic fields to do its job. Do you guys think its a good idea?

Second, and more importantly, I need help finding another career that I can find good info on about the physics involved. Ones that I've tried researching don't have as much information about the physics involved unfortunately. Can anyone give any suggestions on careers that use those Physics' topics that are relatively easy to do research on? Please and thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What are some common careers that use introductory physics concepts?

Some common careers that use introductory physics concepts include engineering, research and development, data analysis, teaching, and healthcare.

2. How can introductory physics concepts be applied in engineering?

Introductory physics concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electricity and magnetism are essential in designing and building structures, machines, and systems. They are also used in analyzing and solving problems related to energy, motion, and forces.

3. What roles do introductory physics concepts play in research and development?

Introductory physics concepts are used in research and development to understand and investigate phenomena, develop new technologies, and improve existing products. They are also used in designing experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and making predictions.

4. How are introductory physics concepts used in data analysis?

Introductory physics concepts such as statistics, probability, and mathematical modeling are used in data analysis to make sense of large datasets, identify patterns and trends, and make predictions. They are also used in creating models and simulations to represent real-world systems.

5. What are some careers in healthcare that use introductory physics concepts?

In healthcare, introductory physics concepts are used in fields such as medical imaging, radiation therapy, and biomechanics. They are also used in understanding the physics of the human body, such as the mechanics of movement and the function of organs.