Cartoon Spider Walking a Dog in the Rain and Other AI Generated Images

In summary, AI technology has advanced to the point where it can generate images of cartoon spiders walking dogs in the rain and other whimsical scenarios. These images showcase the capabilities of AI and its ability to create realistic and imaginative content. However, some may question the value and purpose of these AI-generated images, as they lack the human touch and creativity. Nevertheless, it is a testament to the rapid progress of AI and its potential to revolutionize the way we create and consume visual media.
Algr said:
Godzilla 2.jpg
Well there's something that I can't unsee. :bugeye:

• Haha
Likes Tom.G and collinsmark
Computer science news on Phys.org
I found that the novelty of AI art wore off quickly. I got sick of it pretty quickly. There tends to be something grotesque about it.

That being said I still use free AI art generators when I want something that can be slightly creepy and grotesque. They often do as well as a human would. And it's amateur projects that I'd never pay for.

I frequent an artists' group and they feel very threatened by this. Artists don't make much in the first place.

I've seen some pretty impressive AI generated art, but the artist said they had spent hundreds of hours refining it.

I wrote a book and hired artists to do the illustrations. I wanted someone who drew by hand but learned that the artists one finds online almost all draw on computers so I had to give up on that. I tried finding artists though an online site. They showered me with portfolios that were the opposite of what I had requested. It costs them zero to respond so they spam everything. I hired the one artist who had nice sketches in her portfolio but it turned out she hadn't drawn them. She was a fraud! Thank God I hadn't given her any money yet. To heck with all that.

I ended up finding artists on my own in Bali and Paraguay. They depended heavily on computers but nevertheless I was pleased with the results. As the golfers say, it's the Indian not the arrow.

It was before AI art but I'm pretty sure an AI couldn't do the unearthly geometry I needed. Indeed the artists had trouble understanding what I wanted. I learned that descriptions didn't work. I had to draw things myself and have them polish it up. In some cases they refused to deal with it so I ended up using my own drawings.

Hornbein said:
Indeed the artists had trouble understanding what I wanted. I learned that descriptions didn't work.
Yup, they assuredly Think differently than most.
But the same can be said about those on this site too.

(Enjoy... and don't let any of the funny people get to you.)

I guess I don't fear AI art because I never made money on art in the first place. I do it for fun, and forum games. I get the impression that many people are attracted to art as a career because they think it looks easy: They are taught that all they have to do is "express themselves". Then they try to do practical art for a real paying client and have no idea how to do anything useful. Even Marvel and DC openly say they have no use for art school graduates.

Hornbein said:
I've seen some pretty impressive AI generated art, but the artist said they had spent hundreds of hours refining it.

Good art is hard. AI hasn't changed a thing. We are in a moment of transition, but learning is fun for me, and I relish the new opportunities.