Cat Toast Device : Antigravity Humor

• Thread starter donotremember
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Humor
In summary, the conversation is about a humorous article on a website called "Uncyclopedia" about a fictional device called the "Cat-Toast Device." The person who posted the link is unsure if it is appropriate for the forum and the moderator suggests a more suitable place for it. The link is described as being between humor and noise, and the person who posted it finds it funny and wanted to share it with others who know physics.
donotremember
(can't post full links yet) uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Cat-Toast_Device

Physics news on Phys.org
Funny, but it doesn't really fit the spirit of this particular forum.

I looked for a more appropriate place to put it but could not find one.

Last edited by a moderator:
donotremember said:
(can't post full links yet) uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Cat-Toast_Device

I almost deleted this thread out of hand as crackpot, but I followed the link and see the humor angle. I edited the title of the thread to indicate the humor angle, but that doesn't guarantee it won't get deleted. The link is somewhere between humor and noise, IMO.

www.uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Cat-Toast_Device

berkeman said:
I almost deleted this thread out of hand as crackpot, but I followed the link and see the humor angle. I edited the title of the thread to indicate the humor angle, but that doesn't guarantee it won't get deleted. The link is somewhere between humor and noise, IMO.

Its pretty dumb but I found it so funny I had to share it with someone and I thought it would be especially funny to people who know physics. I love the diagrams most of all.

1. What is a Cat Toast Device?

A Cat Toast Device is a fictitious invention that combines a cat, toast, and antigravity technology in a humorous way. It is not a real device.

2. How does the Cat Toast Device work?

The Cat Toast Device is a made-up invention and does not actually work. It is simply a humorous concept that involves a cat and a piece of toast floating in the air.

3. Why is the Cat Toast Device funny?

The Cat Toast Device is considered funny because it is a humorous play on words and combines two seemingly random objects (a cat and toast) with a scientific term (antigravity). It is not meant to be taken seriously.

4. Is there any real scientific basis for the Cat Toast Device?

No, the Cat Toast Device is a fictional concept and has no real scientific basis. It is simply a humorous idea and does not exist in the real world.

5. Who came up with the idea for the Cat Toast Device?

The origin of the Cat Toast Device is unknown, but it is a popular meme and joke among internet users. It is a humorous concept that has been shared and enjoyed by many people online.