Cavity simulation on matlab with spatially dependent phase

In summary, a cavity simulation is a computer-based model used to study the behavior of electromagnetic waves in a confined space. It works by using numerical methods to solve Maxwell's equations and takes into account the spatially dependent phase of the waves. MATLAB is a popular platform for cavity simulations due to its user-friendly interface, built-in functions, and large community of users. To incorporate spatially dependent phase, custom electromagnetic fields can be created or existing functions can be modified. This type of simulation has applications in designing and optimizing microwave and optical devices, as well as studying quantum optics and electromagnetic compatibility.
hangainlover
Hello there,

I have been searching for MATLAB simulations that analyze optical cavities and there are some useful codes.

Yet, I haven't found codes that analyze what happens to cavit transverse modes if spatially dependent phase is introduced between mirrors

Does anybody know if there is a shared MATLAB code for this purpose?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
have you checked Matlab's open file exchange?

"basic paraxial optics toolkit' seems very useful but its either my lack of knowledge or the way it is designed but I am not sure how to simulate introducing spatially dependent phase between cavity mirrors.

Related to Cavity simulation on matlab with spatially dependent phase

1. What is a cavity simulation?

A cavity simulation is a computer-based model used to study the behavior of electromagnetic waves in a confined space, such as a resonant cavity. It allows for the analysis of various parameters, such as amplitude, phase, and spatial distribution of the waves within the cavity.

2. How does a cavity simulation on MATLAB work?

A cavity simulation on MATLAB uses numerical methods to solve Maxwell's equations, which describe the behavior of electromagnetic fields. The simulation takes into account the spatially dependent phase of the waves, which is determined by the geometry and material properties of the cavity.

3. What are the benefits of using MATLAB for cavity simulations?

MATLAB provides a user-friendly interface and a variety of built-in functions and tools for numerical analysis. It also allows for easy visualization of the simulation results. Additionally, MATLAB has a large community of users, making it easy to find support and resources for cavity simulations.

4. How can I incorporate spatially dependent phase in my cavity simulation on MATLAB?

To incorporate spatially dependent phase in a cavity simulation on MATLAB, you can use the built-in functions for creating custom electromagnetic fields or modify the existing functions to include spatially dependent phase. You can also use external libraries or code snippets that are specifically designed for this purpose.

5. What are some applications of cavity simulations with spatially dependent phase?

Cavity simulations with spatially dependent phase have various applications, including the design and optimization of microwave and optical devices, such as antennas, filters, and resonators. They are also used in the study of quantum optics, optical communications, and electromagnetic compatibility.