Check Out the New Interface: OSX-Inspired!

• Thread starter dduardo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Interface
In summary, the conversation discusses the new interface of a website, which some believe has taken inspiration from OSX's brushed metal look. One person shares their preference for Open Office over MS Office, while another mentions a negative experience with using Open Office and MS Word. The conversation also touches on the importance of exporting to PDF to avoid formatting issues.
dduardo
Staff Emeritus
http://pdc.xbetas.com.nyud.net:8090/?page=o12preview1

What do you think of the new interface? Looks like they they stole the brushed metal look of OSX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Computer science news on Phys.org
I've never used a mac before. Poor me :frown: But I find that Open Office is far superior than MS Office.

ranger said:
I've never used a mac before. Poor me :frown: But I find that Open Office is far superior than MS Office.

blah, one time I made a contract for a client using open office. He tried opening it with MS Word and it looked like crap. Last time I ever use Open Office.

That's why you export it to pdf. Even opening doc files in different versions of MS Office gets messed up.

dduardo said:
http://pdc.xbetas.com.nyud.net:8090/?page=o12preview1

What do you think of the new interface? Looks like they they stole the brushed metal look of OSX.

There are similiarities, but the style is still different. If the market wants pretty interfaces then MS would be foolish not to adapt.

Last edited:

Related to Check Out the New Interface: OSX-Inspired!

1. What is the new interface for OSX-Inspired?

The new interface for OSX-Inspired is a design update that is inspired by the user interface of the Apple operating system, OSX. It incorporates a sleek and modern design with updated icons, fonts, and color schemes.

2. Will the new interface affect the functionality of the software?

No, the new interface will not affect the functionality of the software. It is purely a design update and all the features and functions of the software will remain the same.

3. Can I customize the new interface to my preferences?

Yes, you can customize the new interface to your preferences. It offers options for changing the color scheme, font size, and icon style. You can also rearrange the layout of the interface to suit your needs.

4. Is the new interface available for all operating systems?

No, the new interface is only available for systems that support OSX. This includes Mac computers and some Linux distributions. It is not currently available for Windows operating systems.

5. Will there be a learning curve to adapt to the new interface?

No, the new interface is designed to be intuitive and user-friendly. It may take a little time to get used to the updated design, but there should not be a significant learning curve for users familiar with OSX or other modern operating systems.