Circuit analysis -- Find the complex apparent power of I(g2)

In summary, the conversation discusses a circuit with sinusoidal current and various given values for impedance and current. The circuit is separated into two circuits using superposition theorem, and the voltage \underline{U_{34}'} is found in the second circuit. The question is then posed about finding the voltage \underline{U_{34}''} in the third circuit. The total complex apparent power is given by a formula involving the conjugate of the current and the sum of the two voltages. The use of superposition theorem may be required to solve the problem, according to the forum rules.
gruba

Homework Statement

Given the circuit of sinusoidal current (attachment 1) with given data:
[itex]\underline{Z_3}=200(3-j4)\Omega, \underline{Z_4}=100(3+j20)\Omega, \underline{Z_5}=100(3+j4)\Omega, \underline{Z}=100(2+j5)\Omega, \underline{I_{g2}}=-10(2-j)mA[/itex]
After the switch is closed, the increment of voltage 1-2 is given: [itex]\Delta U_{12}=(4+j3)V.[/itex]
Find the complex apparent power of [itex]\underline{I_{g2}}[/itex] after the switch is closed.
im_x.PNG
2. The attempt at a solution
By using superposition theorem, we can separate the given circuit into two circuits (attachment 2 and 3):
im_x1.PNG
im_x4.PNG

From the second circuit (attachment 2), we can find the voltage [itex]\underline{U_{34}'}[/itex].

In the next circuit (attachment 3) [itex]\underline{I_{g1}},\underline{Z_1},\underline{Z_2},\underline{E_2},\underline{E_6}[/itex] are not given.
Question: How to find the voltage [itex]U_{34}=U_{34}''[/itex] in this case?

Total complex apparent power is given by [itex]\underline{S_{I_{g2}}}=\underline{{I_{g2}}^{*}}(\underline{U_{34}'}+\underline{U_{34}''}).[/itex]

Physics news on Phys.org
This is a homework forum and the forum rules require you to show your attempt to solve the problem.

Are you required to use superposition to solve the problem?

1. What is circuit analysis?

Circuit analysis is a method used by scientists to understand and analyze the behavior of electrical circuits. It involves using mathematical equations and theories to determine the voltage, current, and power in a circuit.

2. How do you find the complex apparent power of I(g2)?

To find the complex apparent power of I(g2), you will need to use the formula S = VI*, where S is the complex apparent power, V is the voltage, and I* is the complex conjugate of the current. This will give you the magnitude and angle of the complex power.

3. Why is it important to find the complex apparent power in circuit analysis?

The complex apparent power is important in circuit analysis because it helps us understand the total power in a circuit, which is a combination of both real and reactive power. This information is crucial for designing and optimizing electrical systems.

4. What are some common tools used in circuit analysis?

Some common tools used in circuit analysis include Ohm's law, Kirchhoff's laws, complex numbers, and various circuit analysis software programs. These tools help scientists to accurately analyze and predict the behavior of electrical circuits.

5. How can circuit analysis be applied in real-world situations?

Circuit analysis has a wide range of applications in real-world situations, including designing and analyzing electrical systems for buildings, cars, and other machines. It is also used in the development of electronic devices and in the study of renewable energy systems.