Combution, energy and pressure relation

In summary, the force to move a car is generated by burning fuel (to be more percise, diesel or gasolin). There are more variables: Pressure (i know this because of turbos and such), amount of fuel, amount of air (or O2), temperature. If there is a formula to calculate the force created, or released energy, I cannot do so. However, I can calculate the temperature of the engine.
Byonnem
Hello guys,

I'm currently working on a car simulation just for fun, but I'm stuck...

The force to move a car is generated by burning fuel ( to be more percise, diesel or gasolin).
But there are more variables:
Pressure (i know this because of turbos and such)
amount of fuel
amount of air (or O2)
temperature

is there a formula to calculate the force created, or released energy?
If there is, can you calculate the temperature of the engine too?

Thanks for reading and I hope you can answer some of my questions :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Your question is very interesting! And there are many was to come apon a solution. first what is the normal temperature of the engine when it is idel (i english good) next, fint the increase in tempurature, this means taking temp of engine and making a inequality based on increase in fuel subtracted by the amount of h2o present in the engine.

DaveDem said:
Your question is very interesting! And there are many was to come apon a solution. first what is the normal temperature of the engine when it is idel (i english good) next, fint the increase in tempurature, this means taking temp of engine and making a inequality based on increase in fuel subtracted by the amount of h2o present in the engine.

i can't really follow you.
Let's taka a theoretical 100 degree Celcius is the idle temperature.

I just realize my whole idea of how the engine works is wrong, the amount of fuel isn't fixed (like i thought) it's controlled by the boardcomputer. I'll have to find that out too.. The airflow is regulated by the Gaspadel (correct me if I'm wrong). If this all is true than I have to many variabels and not enough data to do any calculations..

but remember that some operations do cancel each other our, so start with the minimum amount of fuel as related to temp

What is combustion?

Combustion is a chemical reaction that occurs when a fuel and an oxidizing agent (usually oxygen) combine to produce heat and light energy.

How is energy related to combustion?

During the process of combustion, the chemical energy stored in the fuel is converted into thermal energy, which is then released as heat and light energy.

What is the role of pressure in combustion?

Pressure plays a crucial role in combustion as it affects the rate and efficiency of the reaction. Higher pressure can lead to faster and more complete combustion, while lower pressure can result in incomplete combustion and the production of harmful byproducts.

What factors can influence the combustion process?

The type and amount of fuel, the availability of oxygen, temperature, and pressure can all impact the combustion process. Other factors such as the presence of catalysts or impurities in the fuel can also affect combustion.

How is combustion used in everyday life?

Combustion is used in a variety of applications, such as heating and cooking in homes, powering vehicles and machinery, and generating electricity in power plants. It is also used in industrial processes such as metal smelting and production of chemicals.