Control the speed of a motorcycle

In summary, the individual is seeking assistance in controlling the speed of a petrol bike up to 60Kmph, using electrical means. They are unsure of how to control the throttle and what sensors may be needed, with the only known sensor being a speed sensor. They are also unsure of how to control fuel.
PhysicsTest
TL;DR Summary
I want to control the speed of a petrol bike.
As the summary indicates I want to control the speed of a petrol bike upto 60Kmph, so that it does not go beyond that. Now my questions are can it be controlled electrically, most probably I may want to control the throttle, but how to do it? What all sensors I may require one I can think of is speed sensor. But I don't know much of how to control fuel. Please help me.

Engineering news on Phys.org
PhysicsTest said:
Summary:: I want to control the speed of a petrol bike.

As the summary indicates I want to control the speed of a petrol bike upto 60Kmph, so that it does not go beyond that. Now my questions are can it be controlled electrically, most probably I may want to control the throttle, but how to do it? What all sensors I may require one I can think of is speed sensor. But I don't know much of how to control fuel. Please help me.
Sorry, this falls under our PF dangerous discussion rule, so this thread is now closed. The best advice we can give is to find a local expert who can Mentor you in-person. Or you can look for some standard off-the-shelf product that may do what you want. Please stay safe.

1. How can I control the speed of a motorcycle?

There are several ways to control the speed of a motorcycle. The most common method is to use the throttle, which is a lever on the handlebars that controls the amount of fuel and air going into the engine. By twisting the throttle, you can increase or decrease the speed of the motorcycle.

2. What is the role of the clutch in controlling the speed of a motorcycle?

The clutch is used to engage and disengage the engine from the transmission. By pulling in the clutch lever, you can temporarily disconnect the engine from the rear wheel, allowing you to change gears and control the speed of the motorcycle.

3. Can I use the brakes to control the speed of a motorcycle?

Yes, the brakes are an important tool for controlling the speed of a motorcycle. The front and rear brakes work together to slow down the motorcycle, and by applying different amounts of pressure to each brake, you can control the speed more precisely.

4. Are there any other factors that can affect the speed of a motorcycle?

Yes, there are several other factors that can affect the speed of a motorcycle. These include the gear ratio, wind resistance, road conditions, and the weight of the rider and any cargo on the motorcycle.

5. Is it important to maintain the motorcycle's engine for better speed control?

Yes, proper maintenance of the motorcycle's engine is crucial for optimal speed control. Regular oil changes, spark plug replacements, and other maintenance tasks can ensure that the engine is running smoothly and efficiently, allowing for better control of the motorcycle's speed.