Could the Event Horizon of black holes be the edge of expanding universes?

In summary: The expansion rate of our universe is usually given in units of kilometers per second per megaparsec (km/s/Mpc), which is the rate at which the distance between two points increases as you move away from them. The event horizon of a black hole is a surface, so it doesn't have a "size" in the same sense as an object does, and it certainly doesn't have a "size" that can expand at a rate like km/s/Mpc. It sounds like you are confusing two different things.
alexandersteele
I recently read a few articles that contradict Einstein's Singularity theorem. The idea being that black holes are wormholes to other universes; with a white hole on the other side of the black hole (Poplawski's theory). What if instead of being a portal to another universe, the Event Horizon of a black hole is the physical edge to a universe. I'm hardly a professional physicist and have little to none experience with calculus, so I was wondering if anyone knows of anyone who has tried to calculate: The average expansion rate of an Event Horizon, in comparison to, our universes expansion rate but to the scale of an average Event Horizon. Would this calculation provide evidence for this theory? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Space news on Phys.org
Hi alexandersteele, and welcome to PF!

alexandersteele said:
I recently read a few articles that contradict Einstein's Singularity theorem.

Please give links. As you admit, you are not a professional physicist, so it's quite possible that you are misinterpreting what the articles are saying (which is not a problem in itself, these are complex subjects and it's easy to misinterpret if you're not familiar with them, but you should be aware that it can happen). One red flag for me that you might be misinterpreting is that you say they "contradict Einstein's Singularity Theorem", which looks wrong in two ways: first, the theorems (plural, there are more than one) weren't Einstein's (Hawking and Penrose proved the main ones), and second, they are theorems, whose proofs have been checked many times, so I seriously doubt a reputable physicist would contradict them--instead, most likely the article is talking about a scenario, such as quantum gravity, where the assumptions of the theorems do not hold. If we have the original articles, it's a lot easier to tell what's going on.

alexandersteele said:
The average expansion rate of an Event Horizon, in comparison to, our universes expansion rate but to the scale of an average Event Horizon.

This doesn't make sense, which is another reason why I strongly suspect you are misinterpreting the articles you refer to (and why we need links to the originals).

1. What is the Event Horizon of a black hole?

The Event Horizon of a black hole is the point of no return, where the gravitational pull is so strong that not even light can escape. This marks the boundary of the black hole.

2. Could the Event Horizon of a black hole be the edge of expanding universes?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that the Event Horizon of a black hole is the edge of expanding universes. Theories and research in this area are still ongoing and inconclusive.

3. What is the relationship between black holes and expanding universes?

Some theories suggest that black holes may have a role in the expansion of the universe, but this is still a topic of debate and further research is needed to fully understand this relationship.

4. How would the expansion of the universe affect the Event Horizon of a black hole?

If the universe is expanding, it is possible that the Event Horizon of a black hole may also be expanding. However, the extent of this expansion and its implications are still not fully understood.

5. What impact would the discovery of the Event Horizon being the edge of expanding universes have on our understanding of the universe?

If this were to be confirmed, it would significantly change our understanding of the universe and the role of black holes in its expansion. It may also lead to new theories and further research in this field.