Could you show me a super capacitor's charging circuit? :(

In summary, the fastest circuit to charge a supercapacitor depends on the model and allowed surge current. Many charging boards have current limiters and the speed can vary greatly depending on the application. Some supercapacitors can be charged in as little as one minute, while others are designed for extremely fast charging in the range of 0.05 seconds.
emtae55
TL;DR Summary
When i used powerbank circuit board to charge super capacitor, the speed was too low.
What is the fastest circuit to charge a supercapacitor?? could you show me??

Engineering news on Phys.org
Can you link to the datasheet for the supercap that you want to charge? What are you wanting to use it for?

I think that the original supercaps were very limited in their peak current capabilities (for charging and discharging). I think that the newer ones are better, but I'm guessing that they are still limited...

emtae55 said:
Summary:: When i used powerbank circuit board to charge super capacitor, the speed was too low.

What is the fastest circuit to charge a supercapacitor?? could you show me??
The speed is mostly depend on model of super-capacitors and allowed surge current. Many charging boards have build-in current limiter, you should consult the specs. Supercapacitor banks assisting battery in hybrid cars are designed to be charged in one minute, while the fastest supercapacitor i seen (used to drive electrical detonator of explosive bolt) was rated for 0.05s.

1. What is a super capacitor?

A super capacitor is a type of energy storage device that has a higher energy density than traditional capacitors. It is able to store and release energy quickly, making it useful for applications such as powering electronic devices and vehicles.

2. How does a super capacitor charging circuit work?

A super capacitor charging circuit works by using an external power source, such as a battery or solar panel, to charge the super capacitor. The circuit typically includes a voltage regulator and a charging controller to ensure that the super capacitor is charged safely and efficiently.

3. What are the benefits of using a super capacitor charging circuit?

One of the main benefits of using a super capacitor charging circuit is its ability to charge and discharge quickly, providing a rapid energy boost when needed. It also has a longer lifespan compared to traditional batteries and can be charged and discharged many times without losing its capacity.

4. Are there any limitations to using a super capacitor charging circuit?

One limitation of using a super capacitor charging circuit is its relatively low energy storage capacity compared to batteries. This means that it may not be suitable for applications that require a large amount of energy for an extended period of time. Additionally, super capacitors can be more expensive than traditional batteries.

5. Can a super capacitor charging circuit be used in place of a battery?

In some cases, a super capacitor charging circuit can be used in place of a battery. However, this depends on the specific application and energy requirements. Super capacitors are better suited for applications that require short bursts of energy, while batteries are better for longer-term energy storage. It is also possible to use a combination of both in a hybrid system for optimal performance.