Crank That Sigma Boy: A Math Parody

In summary, the conversation discusses a parody of the song "Crank That Soulja Boy" and the negative impacts of rap culture, such as glorifying gang activity, promoting illiteracy, and demeaning women. Some participants express their dislike for rap, while others argue that not all rap artists promote these negative themes and suggest listening to other artists like Mos Def, KRS-1, and Common. The conversation also touches on the issue of the lack of education and resources in inner city neighborhoods and how rap may not be an effective way to address these problems.
chickendude

A parody of Crank that Soulja boy... about math =).
There was very little choreographing done, so bear with it.
I hope you like it. The lyrics are in the "about this video".

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lets just hope they find a good job.

hypatia said:
Lets just hope they find a good job.

:smile: Maybe they already have a job after that...

Is this you? You could touch up on some of the vocals, I couldn't hear a lot of it.

dope.

Math Is Hard said:
dope.

:smile: It'z trippin' foowl!

I hate rap, and especially the song and music video this is parodying.

binzing said:
I hate rap, and especially the song and music video this is parodying.
You sir, are spot on.

Phat rhymez.

My main thing against the rap culture is that it often glorifies gang activity and such. They often say that school is bad and that you can make more money doing illicit things, where as in truth, with an education you can make plenty and actually do something positive with your life. They could atleast rap about the problems of life and try to fix them, like reggae. (and yes, I know some do, but not many)

binzing said:
My main thing against the rap culture is that it often glorifies gang activity and such. They often say that school is bad and that you can make more money doing illicit things, where as in truth, with an education you can make plenty and actually do something positive with your life. They could atleast rap about the problems of life and try to fix them, like reggae. (and yes, I know some do, but not many)

That's my problem with rap too. That and the fact that it sucks.

Binzing and Undercover, this new type of nerd rap is promoting nerdish-ness!

Agreed though, rappers are not always the best role models. (Let me emphasis "not always") When you have them singing about drugs and guns I can't imagine it helps things like Gang Culture or crim amoong kids.

_Mayday_ said:
Binzing and Undercover, this new type of nerd rap is promoting nerdish-ness!

It's scary isn't it. It appears myself and many others on this site have followed this new "nerd" fad. It's sweeping the country man.

Well I'd rather shake my bootie and drop it like its hot to nerd tunes that gangsta tunes! lol...

...?

binzing said:

Then you don't really know much about rap.

Cyrus said:
...?

Is that a silence of pure shock horror or one of euphoria?

Cyrus said:

I know I don't. I'm probably making assumptions and repeating what others have said...:rolleyes:

_Mayday_ said:
Is that a silence of pure shock horror or one of euphoria?

Arg, at least get some cheer-leaders to dance with you guys or something. This video is low budget, i.e. broke as a joke.

Cyrus said:
Arg, at least get some cheer-leaders to dance with you guys or something. This video is low budget, i.e. broke as a joke.

:smile: I think singing about Sigmas will make the chances of cheerleaders wanting to dance in your video minimal!

WTF do you expect Cyrus, its on Youtube? Yeah I know I don't know every minute detail of rap as well as your all-knowingness, but I know enough to have my opinion, one that is supported by many other people. So what is your stand? That drugs, gang violence, and the promotion of illiteracy (see spellings of "artists" names and "song" lyrics) are good, oh also the demeaning of women?

binzing said:

I see your point in your previous post. You are only talking about some rap, in other words what you have come across. So in this case your minimal knowledge is enough. :approve:

Cyrus said:

Please tell me what it is that you know about rap that proves what binzing stated to be false.

binzing said:
WTF do you expect Cyrus, its on Youtube? Yeah I know I don't know every minute detail of rap as well as your all-knowingness, but I know enough to have my opinion, one that is supported by many other people. So what is your stand? That drugs, gang violence, and the promotion of illiteracy (see spellings of "artists" names and "song" lyrics) are good, oh also the demeaning of women?

I suggest you look at some other artists, like Mos Def, KRS-1, Common, etc, and not base your opinion on gangster rap. Otherwise, you're making a generalization.

Yes, and I did state that some do differently themed stuff. But you still haven't answered my question.

Cyrus said:
I suggest you look at some other artists, like Mos Def, KRS-1, Common, etc, and not base your opinion on gangster rap. Otherwise, you're making a generalization.

I actually used to listen to rap and most of those artists do tend to be quite serious about changing what wrong with this country and bringing awareness to the problems of the ghetto. BUT, they still idolize and promote the power of the drug trade in the black neighborhoods. Their styles of expression my be somewhat artistic(even that is up to discussion) but still hold the "street" persona on a pedestal. This won't put books in the classrooms of the inner cities and definately won't put food on their table(but definately their own).

binzing said:
Yes, and I did state that some do differently themed stuff. But you still haven't answered my question.

Obviously, no. But if you think rap is just about that, you don't understand rap, and there is a good amount of rap that isnt about what you listed.

I don't recall you saying 'some do differently themed stuff" anywhere, and there's no need for you to talk to me the way you are.

Hmm no reason? Your pulling your usual routine of finding one thing and not budging or considering that you may not have seen another fact. Hey, I'm only reciprocating the way you are talking to me.

Listen binzing, you made a blanket statement. I showed you that your generalization was not true. So, you can sit here and try to insult me till the cows come home if it makes you happy, but its not going to have an effect on me. Its quite sad, and I expect more from you.

"They could atleast rap about the problems of life and try to fix them, like reggae. (and yes, I know some do, but not many)"

Seeing as you can pull things out of places. This is what I meant about not all rappers being gangsters or having a negative message.

Hey your not answering any questions, just rolling on through with your singular offense.

Many of them DO rap about just that binzing. Please, take the time to listen to rap before you talk about something you know very little about.

game. set. match. Binzingggggg

We seriously need a maturity limit in this place. <Groan>

I have better things to do, have a nice day fellas.

Yeah cyrus, if you think I am just the nerdy white kid who is all talk and has no perspective of the rap scene, look at undercvr, he has made some good points that you haven't even tried to negate.