Create a Study Schedule for Sophomore Year

• Thread starter SteveManPhy076
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Schedule
In summary: You might be able to get by with a little earlier bedtime, but you'll definitely need to focus more during the day. In summary, I think you should go to bed at around 10pm to get the most sleep.
SteveManPhy076
My sophomore year is going to be really difficult
My classes are
Accelerated Algebra II
Honors English 10
German II
Biology I
A.P. U.S. History
Physics I
I'm trying to brace for the worst and brainstorm an after school schedule
I have to get up at about 5:45 and I get home around 14:45
So basically what my question is, is when do you think I should go to bed to get the maximum amount of study time and sleep (Most of these classes yield 0:30-1:30 of homework a day)

Physics news on Phys.org
SteveManPhy076 said:
My sophomore year is going to be really difficult
My classes are
Accelerated Algebra II
Honors English 10
German II
Biology I
A.P. U.S. History
Physics I
I'm trying to brace for the worst and brainstorm an after school schedule
So basically what my question is, is when do you think I should go to bed to get the maximum amount of study time and sleep (Most of these classes yield 0:30-1:30 of homework a day)
Are these high school courses?

"A.P. U.S. History" sure looks like high school to me.

Student really must figure this on his own.
I would guess a listing of daily study times for the list of classes: 2,1,1,1,2,2.
This is an estimation of 9 hours of homework each day, but you would have 7 days for the week.
45 hours of homework per week, spread over 7 days.
6 and 3/7 hours of homework every day.

You get home at 2:45 PM, and you want to have and spend 6 hours per day studying and doing homework. You can determine when to go to bed for the "night", which because of some resting time, might be early morning. You would probably stop studying around 10 PM or 11PM, and maybe go to sleep by midnight.

Likes Student100
symbolipoint said:
You would probably stop studying around 10 PM or 11PM, and maybe go to sleep by midnight.
That's not ok with a 5:45am wake up time.
I wouldn't recommend going to bed any earlier later than 10pm, for 7.5 hours of sleep. Even that is probably low for your age.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks guys.
symbolipoint said:
Student really must figure this on his own.
I would guess a listing of daily study times for the list of classes: 2,1,1,1,2,2.
This is an estimation of 9 hours of homework each day, but you would have 7 days for the week.
45 hours of homework per week, spread over 7 days.
6 and 3/7 hours of homework every day.

You get home at 2:45 PM, and you want to have and spend 6 hours per day studying and doing homework. You can determine when to go to bed for the "night", which because of some resting time, might be early morning. You would probably stop studying around 10 PM or 11PM, and maybe go to sleep by midnight.

jackwhirl said:
That's not ok with a 5:45am wake up time.
I wouldn't recommend going to bed any earlier than 10pm, for 7.5 hours of sleep. Even that is probably low for your age.

SteveManPhy076 said:
Alright, thanks guys.
I just noticed that I said "earlier" when I meant "later." More sleep is better.

Can you sleep LATER than 5:45AM? Probably this is a requirement to get up at 5:45, but I made an estimate for how much study you may need to do and what that means for bed-time. You need your sleep; and you need your study+homework time.

I might be able to but my bus :P
symbolipoint said:
Can you sleep LATER than 5:45AM? Probably this is a requirement to get up at 5:45, but I made an estimate for how much study you may need to do and what that means for bed-time. You need your sleep; and you need your study+homework time.

Last edited:
SteveManPhy076 said:

I call these the good ole days. I would wake up at 5:30am and get home after 11:00pm when I was doing work and school.

When you're tired? There is no one size fits all when it comes to sleep. I can get four hours a night for weeks and feel fine, although I generally get more than that.

Your body will let you know what's right.

What is a study schedule and why is it important?

A study schedule is a plan that outlines when and how you will study for your classes. It is important because it helps you manage your time effectively and stay organized, leading to better academic performance.

How do I create a study schedule for my sophomore year?

To create a study schedule for your sophomore year, start by identifying all of your classes and their corresponding workload. Then, determine how much time you need to dedicate to each subject and allocate specific study times for each. Be sure to also include breaks and leisure activities to maintain a healthy balance.

Should I stick to my study schedule strictly?

While it is important to have a structured study schedule, it is also important to be flexible and make adjustments as needed. If you find that a certain subject requires more or less time than you initially allocated, feel free to adjust your schedule accordingly. Just be sure to maintain a balance and not neglect any subjects.

How often should I update my study schedule?

Your study schedule should be updated regularly, especially if your workload or class schedule changes. It is recommended to review and make any necessary adjustments at least once a month, but you can also make changes as needed throughout the semester.

What are some tips for sticking to a study schedule?

To stick to your study schedule, it is important to prioritize your tasks and manage your time effectively. Set specific and achievable goals for each study session, eliminate distractions, and take breaks when needed. Also, make sure to reward yourself for sticking to your schedule and reaching your goals.