Creating a robot that will turn left and right

• Thread starter tomallan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
In summary, the conversation discusses the topic of building a robot that can turn at intervals to the left and right. The person asking the question has no prior experience in building robots and limited knowledge about circuits. It is suggested that this may be a complex project for someone starting out and they should seek guidance from teachers or electronics experts. The person is considering using an Arduino Uno and has watched videos on how to build a robot. They also mention the need for the robot to be fully automated and able to avoid obstacles. Ideas are requested for how to program the robot to turn after a certain distance traveled.
tomallan
hello. I want to know the instructions of how o make a robot but make it turn at several intervals to left and right,

Engineering news on Phys.org
tomallan said:
hello. I want to know the instructions of how o make a robot but make it turn at several intervals to left and right,

What do you know already about making simple robots? What microcontrollers (uCs) have you worked with so far? What projects have you built so far?

i have no background of building robots. i am only on year 12... i have limited knowledge about circuits and everything.

tomallan said:
i have no background of building robots. i am only on year 12... i have limited knowledge about circuits and everything.

ok then probably not the sort of project for you to start out on. Its going to get pretty complex. You would need LOTS of guidance by teachers, electronics lecturers etc

thats not going to stop you doing some googling on robotics to start learning about how to control them. :)
something to consider...
is the turning left and right coing to be automated by the robot in response to its surroundings ?
or is the robot going to be remote controlled by radio like say a radio control car so that the turning left and right is selected my the operator of the remote ?

Dave

the robot has to be fully automated. ouyr teachers told us we can use the adruino uno stuff. i had also look at videos on how to make robot on internet. well for the device turning, the robot has obtacles to avoid so i think its good if i can calculate the distance traveled and then program it to turn after x seconds...

any ideas please?

Related to Creating a robot that will turn left and right

1. How does the robot know when to turn left or right?

The robot is programmed with sensors that can detect its surroundings and determine the direction it needs to turn. These sensors may include cameras, ultrasonic sensors, or infrared sensors.

2. Can the robot be manually controlled to turn left or right?

Yes, the robot can be equipped with a remote control or have a manual override option for users to manually control its movements and turn left or right.

3. Does the robot need to be calibrated for turning left and right?

Yes, the robot's sensors and motor movements need to be calibrated and programmed accurately to ensure it can reliably turn left and right without any errors.

4. How does the robot handle obstacles while turning left or right?

The robot's sensors are constantly scanning its surroundings and can detect and avoid obstacles while turning left or right. It may also have a collision avoidance feature to prevent any accidents.

5. Can the robot learn to turn left and right on its own?

Yes, with advanced machine learning algorithms, the robot can be trained to adapt and learn from its surroundings, allowing it to turn left and right based on its previous experiences and observations.