CScript.exe opens automatically

In summary, the conversation discusses a common issue where a CScript window opens automatically when the laptop is started. It is determined that this is due to a script executing on startup, possibly related to the MTS MBlaze program. It is suggested to check the startup services in the System Configuration Utility and uncheck any suspicious services. One user also mentions doing a full system scan with Quick heal to check for viruses.
Titan97
Gold Member
When I switched on my laptop yesterday, a window opened automatically with a name :
"C:\Windows\system32\Cscript.exe". It now happens every time I restart my laptop. Is this because of some computer virus or should I just ignore it ? (My laptop is 5 years old and runs on Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit)
Here is a picture:
PFC.PNG

Computer science news on Phys.org
CScript runs .vbs files, which are Windows script files. That probably means there is some script executing when you startup your pc. I'd recommend looking at msconfig to see what script it is, because it could be a virus (unlikely if you have an antivirus installed though).

Likes Titan97
I can see 'MTS MBlaze' Logo in your screenshot...

I too encountered this problem, I isolated the problem to the startup service 'CheckNDISPort' which was related to the MTS MBlaze program on my computer. It's not a virus, nothing to worry about. You can stop this from occurring by unchecking the startup service called 'CheckNDISPort' in the startup tab in the System Configuration Utility. It doesn't harm your computer if you keep it checked.

To go for Startup Services:

Start->Run->type 'msconfig'->OK - The "System Configuration" Window pops up, go for 'Startup' tab & uncheck 'CheckNDISPort' or whichever services/programs that you may want to stop from starting as soon as you switch on your computer.

Regards,
ChithraSPR

Last edited:
Likes Titan97
Hey guys actually I am facing the same problem, I did a full system scan with Quick heal and it doesn't show any suspicious files or folders. As ChitraSPR said I also checked for the CheckNDISPort service in the startup, BUT it doesn't show up in the list.
PLEASE HELP.

What is CScript.exe and why does it open automatically?

CScript.exe is an executable file that is part of the Windows operating system. It is responsible for running scripts written in the scripting language, VBScript. It opens automatically because certain programs and processes may require the use of VBScript to function properly.

Is CScript.exe a virus or malware?

No, CScript.exe is not a virus or malware. It is a legitimate system file and is required for certain programs to run properly. However, some viruses or malware may disguise themselves as CScript.exe, so it is important to check the file location and properties to ensure it is the genuine file.

Can I stop CScript.exe from opening automatically?

Yes, you can stop CScript.exe from opening automatically by disabling the Windows Script Host feature. This can be done by going to the Control Panel, selecting "Programs", and then "Turn Windows features on or off". Uncheck the box next to "Windows Script Host" and click "OK". Keep in mind that this may cause some programs to stop functioning properly.

How do I know if CScript.exe is causing problems on my computer?

If CScript.exe is causing problems on your computer, you may see error messages related to VBScript, or your computer may freeze or crash. You can also check the Task Manager to see if CScript.exe is using a large amount of CPU or memory resources. If you suspect CScript.exe is causing issues, it is recommended to run a virus scan and update your operating system and programs.

Can I delete or remove CScript.exe from my computer?

No, it is not recommended to delete or remove CScript.exe from your computer. It is a system file and is required for certain programs to function properly. Deleting it can cause errors and issues with your computer's performance. If you suspect that the file is corrupted or infected with malware, it is best to run a virus scan and repair or replace the file if necessary.