Current amplification without external sources

In summary, the conversation discusses the need to amplify current from 300mA to 600mA for a solar charger with specifications of 6V 400mA. However, it is not possible to achieve this without external circuitry, as it goes against the principle of conservation of charge. The only suggestion is to use an inverter to produce 3V at 600mA, with an ideal efficiency of 60%. It is also mentioned that a different design or PV cells may be needed to achieve the desired current output. The possibility of designing a more efficient switched mode supply is also mentioned, but it will not result in more Watts being produced than put in.
chetan1oct93
i want to amplify my current from 300mA to 600mA. i m making a solar charger and the specifications say 6v 400mA. however i m unable to receive 400mA.. is there a way to amplify current to 600mA from 300mA.. i can lower my volt to 5V from 6V. i don't want to use any external dc or ac supply

Engineering news on Phys.org
No there isn't.

If you want to create 600 mA you must find a combined 600 mA from your circuit. If the only thing you can get out your solar charger is 300 mA, then all you can get is 300 mA.

Think conservation of charge. If you have 300 mA running into your "black box" but 600 mA running out, then your "black box" is somehow magically creating charge. So you would need external circuitry to create a current amplification.

i know that conservation of charge principle.. i m asking for a circuit which can convert me voltage to current somehow... decrease my volts from 6 to 5 and increase current... i increased my current from 30mA to 300mA somehow using other circuitry.. but i want further increase

You won't get more Volts times Amps (Watts) out, whatever you do. The only suggestion is to use an inverter to produce 3V @ 600mA, if you already can supply 300mA at 6V. This is for an ideal inverter, with no losses. In reality, with such low voltages involved, I doubt that you'd get more than 60% of what you put in.

This is a case of "If I were you, I wouldn't start from here", I'm afraid. You either need a different set of PV cells or design a different device to use the volts and current that the ones you have can supply.

How have you managed to increase your current from 30mA to 300mA? Was it by going from series to parallel with your PV array? That implies you must have started with a 60V array (??). If this is the case, you may be able to design a more efficient switched mode supply, based on the 60V supply that will give the current output you want - but you still won't get more Watts out than you put in.

I would first like to clarify that current amplification without external sources is not possible. Current amplification requires an external source of energy to increase the flow of current. In the case of a solar charger, the solar panel is the external source of energy that converts sunlight into electrical energy.

In order to achieve a current of 600mA, you will need to increase the voltage or use a different solar panel with a higher current output. Lowering the voltage from 6V to 5V will decrease the overall power output and may not be sufficient to reach 600mA.

It is also important to note that the specifications for the solar charger may not be achievable in all conditions. Factors such as weather, angle of the solar panel, and shading can affect the actual current output. It may be necessary to adjust your expectations and consider using a higher capacity solar panel or a combination of multiple solar panels to reach the desired current output.

In summary, current amplification without external sources is not possible. To achieve a current of 600mA, you may need to increase the voltage or use a different solar panel with a higher current output. It is also important to consider external factors that may affect the actual current output of the solar charger.

What is current amplification without external sources?

Current amplification without external sources refers to the process of increasing the strength or magnitude of an electric current without the use of external power sources. This can be achieved through the use of amplifying devices such as transistors or through the phenomenon of current gain in certain materials.

How does current amplification without external sources work?

Current amplification without external sources works by utilizing the natural properties of certain materials, such as semiconductors, to amplify the flow of electric current. These materials have the ability to increase the number of charge carriers and therefore increase the current without the need for external power sources.

What are the advantages of current amplification without external sources?

One major advantage of current amplification without external sources is the reduced need for external power sources, making it more energy-efficient. It also allows for smaller and more compact electronic devices, as the amplification can be achieved through smaller components.

What are the limitations of current amplification without external sources?

One limitation of current amplification without external sources is that it can only amplify the current up to a certain point, as the materials used have a maximum current gain. Additionally, it is highly dependent on the properties of the materials and can be affected by external factors such as temperature.

How is current amplification without external sources used in real-world applications?

Current amplification without external sources is commonly used in electronic devices such as amplifiers, sensors, and transistors. It is also used in telecommunications, where it helps to boost the signal strength in wireless communication. Additionally, it is used in medical devices, such as pacemakers, to amplify and regulate electrical signals in the body.