Describe your work like you're a 6 year old

In summary: This person is a 6-year-old who plays with toys to make them work. They work with electricity to make things. They sell their toys to other people. They get shocked sometimes.
dipole said:
Sometimes I watch atoms jiggle for a long time and then learn stuff about what a protein does from the jiggling.
:biggrin: This wouldn't be worded by a 6 yo kid or considered a description made like one.

Physics news on Phys.org
OP should define a standard level e.g in speech for a 6 yo kid and then enforce his on everyone. :DD

Pepper Mint said:
OP should define a standard level e.g in speech for a 6 yo kid and then enforce his on everyone. :DD
Here you go:
Anyone uses scary words I don't understand can't play no more or I tell my dad.

Likes Tontaun, quarkle, Pepper Mint and 1 other person
The guys who make 'lectricity ? I help them follow the rules, so the police don't arrest them.

Likes Pepper Mint
Bandersnatch said:
Here you go:
Anyone uses scary words I don't understand can't play no more or I tell my dad.
How cute! :nb):biggrin:

RonL said:
Like Evo I played DHS then when I came home I had weally big toys that dug big holes in the ground, one would dig 33' deep and one would lift 12,000 pounds in one scoop. :cool::biggrin::smile: I'm weally happy:smile::biggrin:

Ooh Daddy Won, did you find your car keys?

Likes RonL
epenguin said:
Ooh Daddy Won, did you find your car keys?
Only happened once in the last 30 years :wideeyed: how did you know ?:eek::confused::biggrin:

RonL said:
Only happened once in the last 30 years :wideeyed: how did you know ?:eek::confused::biggrin:

Because happened to somebody else, a nice man called Daddy Pig, they had to dig a big big hole to find the keys, it was sooooo big that they took a mountain away, oh yes! I know this because there is a little boy who is not even half of 6 years old and he wants to watch this story on the iPad every day and not just once but 10 times every day, and every day and every time we watch it the story is exactly the same so we are very sure it really happened. :wideeyed:

Likes RonL
epenguin said:
Because happened to somebody else, a nice man called Daddy Pig, they had to dig a big big hole to find the keys, it was sooooo big that they took a mountain away, oh yes! I know this because there is a little boy who is not even half of 6 years old and he wants to watch this story on the iPad every day and not just once but 10 times every day, and every day and every time we watch it the story is exactly the same so we are very sure it really happened. :wideeyed:
OK, I did the Google thing, then the moment of truth when you think "ignorance is bliss":eek: why do I weally want to buy an I-pad :rolleyes::smile:

Likes epenguin
I spend 3 hours a day explaining things to nice people then I go home and read books... Put like that it sounds pretty awesome

Likes RonL
I used to make machines that put sweeties in wrappers, which was very good when the machine went wrong caus we could eat the broken ones, we did biscuits as well but we got fed up eating biscuits caus it ruined dinner time :H, but it made us very popular with other kids caus they got free sweeties and biscuits:biggrin:

Likes Tontaun, ProfuselyQuarky, Sophia and 2 others
I did a lot of jobs.
I just turned six, so my job is just like Stevie's: I see things on the internet, and then I make things out of Legos, and then I go sit and add up numbers, and then I draw pictures with my crayons, and then I show them to my friends, and then they laugh at me. I do not know why they laugh. My pictures are very pretty.
When I was five, I did the same job as Demby. I did not like that job.
When I was four, I was a mailman. Sometimes, I would steal the toys that I was supposed to give to dead people. They were not upset, so I decided it was ok.
When I was three, I carried things around, and pushed sick people to different places. One day, a sick person spit on me. They made me get shots when I told them that.
When I was two, I did the same job as gmax. They also let me play with knobs that made the picture things on the wall with little arrows do funny things. Another day, I got to fix a toaster. That made me very happy. But sometimes, that job was not fun. One day, they made me sleep in the icebox. And then another day they made the boat go down as fast as it could, and I was afraid we would crash into the bottom of the ocean. But we did not crash, so that was ok.
When I was one, I had to cook chicken, and wash the dishes. That was a very bad job, because it was too hot, and I did not like doing the dishes.
Before I was one, my job was to eat strawberries. That was a very good job.

ps. For those of you old enough, post-proofing your response is much easier when channeling Edith Ann.
And that's the truth. :biggrin:

Likes Dembadon and RonL
OmCheeto said:
When I was one, I had to cook chicken, and wash the dishes. That was a very bad job, because it was too hot, and I did not like doing the dishes.
I did this too! Only I also had to bring food to the people as well. This was the worst job I ever had because the people were very unfriendly to me and often angry or rude for things that weren't my fault. This is why I am very very very very nice to the people who bring me food now.

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, Pepper Mint, Sophia and 2 others
Is it even possible to describe the work of a statistician like a 6-year old?

But if I was to try, here is what it would sound like:

I get to play with numbers all day.

Likes Tontaun, Pepper Mint and quarkle
I draw something on the computer and press print button, bang, the stuff we just draw magically come to reality.
Like we see dinosaur on screen and 3D print bang! there is one small cute dinosaur ready for looking

Likes quarkle, ProfuselyQuarky and Pepper Mint
When you burn things, there is smoke and stuff coming from the flames. The smoke and stuff is bad for you and also for animals and plants. I calculate with big computers how bad it is, and how to make the flames less bad. Most of the time I do this for the flames in the box in your house that heat water for the shower and for heating the house.