Did I get my block diagrams right?

In summary, the conversation discusses a system for controlling the flow of liquid using an electrical engine that moves a pump. This control is achieved by changing the rotary speed of the engine, which is done by adjusting the voltage for the motor. The conversation also includes a request to build a block diagram, with a suggested diagram provided in the form of a link. The responder notes that the provided diagram is somewhat correct, but may not be sufficient for control engineering purposes.
Femme_physics
Gold Member
In the drawing is described a system to the control flow of a liquid. The control is done by changing the rotary speed of the electrical engine that moves the pump. Changing of the speed is done by changing the voltage for the motor.BUILD A BLOCK DIAGRAM.http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5858/blockdiagramattempt.jpg

How did I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Femme_physics said:
In the drawing is described a system to the control flow of a liquid. The control is done by changing the rotary speed of the electrical engine that moves the pump. Changing of the speed is done by changing the voltage for the motor.

BUILD A BLOCK DIAGRAM.

http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5858/blockdiagramattempt.jpg

How did I do?

In some level, it is correct. But I assume the question asks for a control block diagram. Please see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Control_Systems/Block_Diagrams

I like ##\mathcal{Or}##! :smile:

I like Serena said:
I like ##\mathcal{Or}##! :smile:

Should've given Or boobs :wink:

In some level, it is correct. But I assume the question asks for a control block diagram. Please see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Control...Block_Diagrams

What do you mean by "on some level"?

Femme_physics said:
Should've given Or boobs :wink:

What do you mean by "on some level"?

Well engineering wise, it is informative enough but specifically on control engineering it has not enough information.

Related to Did I get my block diagrams right?

1. How do I know if my block diagrams are correct?

To ensure the accuracy of your block diagrams, you can cross-check them with the original data or equations, review them with a colleague or supervisor, or use software tools to verify their correctness.

2. What should be included in a block diagram?

A block diagram should include all relevant components and their relationships, such as inputs, outputs, processes, and feedback loops. It should also be easy to understand and clearly labeled.

3. Can I use symbols or abbreviations in my block diagram?

Yes, symbols and abbreviations can be used in a block diagram to represent complex components or processes, as long as they are clearly defined in a legend or key.

4. How can I improve the clarity of my block diagrams?

To improve the clarity of your block diagrams, you can use consistent and standardized symbols, avoid overcrowding or overlapping, and use colors or shading to differentiate between different components.

5. Are there any common mistakes to avoid when creating block diagrams?

Some common mistakes to avoid when creating block diagrams include omitting important components, using incorrect or inconsistent symbols, and not clearly labeling the diagram. It is also important to regularly review and update the diagram as needed.