Difference between Google search in web and in videos

In summary, the conversation discusses the difference between web search and video search on Google. The speaker is confused by the fact that there are usually more results in video search than web search, despite the belief that web search should encompass video search. The conversation also mentions how search results are personalized for each individual through cookies and previous browsing history. The book "The Filter Bubble" is referenced as a source for understanding this phenomenon.
mech-eng
Hi. When I make a search on Google, usually there are more pages in videos search than in web search? This situation bewilders me because, shouldn't web search comprise the video search.
This shows that web search doesn't mean everything search in spite of my wrong belief.
So what is the difference between web searh and videos search?

Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
not only could be impractical to get you everything but the whole search results is most probably being customized for you and you alone via cookies, previous search/browsing history in this and all other topics that tell google who "you" are, the kind of thinks you like and would like to see, your ideologies, etc. ...maybe an experiment is in place, get a not-so-much-friend of yours do the same search and compare results...I said not-so-much-friend to reduce compatibility.

Check out the book "The Filter Bubble" for an explanation of this phenomenon. All search results are tailored just for you, and they may change frequently. It can be annoying. There is, I think, a way to turn off filtering in Google--but they don't make it easy. And you have to be logged on to your Google account, so you don't know if they are really doing it or not.

What is the difference between Google search in web and in videos?

Google search in web refers to the search engine on Google's website that allows users to search for information, websites, images, and more, while Google search in videos refers to the search engine within YouTube, which is also owned by Google, that allows users to search for videos and channels.

Are the search algorithms used in web and videos different?

Yes, the search algorithms used in web and videos are different. Google's web search algorithm focuses on relevance and authority of websites, while YouTube's video search algorithm takes into account factors such as title, description, keywords, and engagement metrics like views, likes, and comments.

Can I use the same keywords for web and video searches?

Yes, you can use the same keywords for both web and video searches. However, the results may vary as the algorithms used for each type of search have different priorities and factors that determine the ranking of results.

Why do some search results appear differently in web and videos?

Some search results may appear differently in web and videos due to the different algorithms and priorities used for each type of search. Additionally, the content available on the web and in videos may differ, resulting in different search results.

Can I filter my search results in web and videos?

Yes, you can filter your search results in web and videos. On Google's web search, you can filter by date, location, and more, while on YouTube's video search, you can filter by upload date, duration, and other options.