Difficulty in solving an integral in Mathematica

In summary, the conversation is about solving an integral in Mathematica that is not converging to the expected value for certain values of variables. The person is seeking help and mentions that the issue may be with the exponential part of the equation. They also mention that they have been struggling with this problem for a couple of weeks.
k0st123
Hello,

I have to solve the following integral in Mathematica but although I don't get any mistakes the value I get is <10^-700 which can't be right!

For the following values

b=0.052868
c=0.998047
g=0.00762712
s=0.902416

I have to solve the following:

Fx = Table[NIntegrate[(Exp[-t*x^2/g]/x^3)*(Sin[x] - x*Cos[x])*(b*x*Sin[x]*Cos[s*x] - (c*Sin[x] - x*Cos[x])*Sin[s*x])/((c*Sin[x] - x*Cos[x])^2 + (b^2*x^2*Sin[x]^2)),{x, 0, Infinity}],{t, 13, 100, 1}];

Could you possibly help me?I guess the problem is the exponential part which is really huge.This problem has been bothering me for a couple of weeks now!

Thank you guys

k0st123

Physics news on Phys.org
It works fine up to t = 42. For t=43, the integral doesn't converge to the prescribed accuracy. You need to tweak the desired accuracy.

Related to Difficulty in solving an integral in Mathematica

1. What is an integral in Mathematica?

An integral in Mathematica is a mathematical operation that calculates the area under a curve or the volume of a solid. It is represented by the symbol ∫ and is commonly used in calculus to find the total change of a function over a given interval.

2. Why is solving an integral in Mathematica difficult?

Solving an integral in Mathematica can be difficult because it involves complex mathematical algorithms and requires a strong understanding of calculus. Additionally, the specific function being integrated may have a complicated form that is difficult for the software to handle.

3. How can I improve my ability to solve integrals in Mathematica?

The best way to improve your ability to solve integrals in Mathematica is to practice regularly and familiarize yourself with the software's built-in functions and syntax. You can also consult online resources or seek help from experts in the field.

4. What are some common errors encountered when solving integrals in Mathematica?

Some common errors encountered when solving integrals in Mathematica include inputting incorrect syntax, forgetting to define variables, and using incorrect mathematical notation. It is important to carefully check your input and refer to the software's documentation for guidance.

5. Is there a limit to the complexity of integrals that Mathematica can solve?

Yes, there is a limit to the complexity of integrals that Mathematica can solve. While the software is highly advanced and can handle many complex integrals, there are some that may be too difficult for it to solve. In these cases, it is best to consult with a mathematician or use alternative methods of integration.