Digital Transparent Glass; what's its name?

In summary, the 888 display is backwards because it is designed to be seen from the front, and the Bubbly graphics are meant to be seen from the side.
pairofstrings
Hi.
I need to know the name of the transparent glass which can display objects like Line, Circle, Numbers, or maybe my name.
ATTACH]

AGlass_zpsruaog1ut.png

Thanks!

Attachments

• AGlass_zpsruaog1ut.png
    AGlass_zpsruaog1ut.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 256
  • AGlass_zpsruaog1ut.png
    AGlass_zpsruaog1ut.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 1,105
Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Can you give us some context here? Is this something from a movie or recent technology?

Scotty on a Star Trek movie mentioneda transparent aluminum ceramic which a company has developed using aluminum oxynitrite via equal parts of aluminum, oxygen and nitrogen.

https://hackaday.com/2018/04/03/whats-the-deal-with-transparent-aluminum/

Other technologies are able to project images onto a glass pane which has been adjusted to be slightly reflective to get an augmented reality effect.

The cheapest solution though is AR glasses where images are projected onto the glass in front of your eye and synchronized with what you are looking at to give the effect of annotating images with text and graphics.

jedishrfu said:
Can you give us some context here? Is this something from a movie or recent technology?
The scene is from the movie name: Lucy 2014.
This is the technology that already exists, I believe, since five to eight years; it was first realized as Google Glass - if my assumption and my learning is correct.

The Glass can take input and displays it. I want to know its name so that I can search for this online.

Thanks!

jedishrfu said:
Its not a pane of glass like in a window.
I could integrate this technology into visor of a Helmet for safer driving.

Likes jedishrfu
What is the glass called?
Is there any such vanilla(?) glass that can be bought and programmed?
Is there any API as well?

Last edited:
pairofstrings said:
Did you read the Wikipedia link on Head-Up Displays that @jedishrfu posted. The glass just partially reflects the image toward your eyes, so even regular glass works. There are probably some glass materials that work better for the function, but it is the HUD configuration and design that makes it work as a display, not the glass surface itself.

Please do some of the suggested reading, and if you still have specific questions about that reading, ask here and post links to your reading. Thanks.

https://cdn01.ovonni.com/uploads/2015/201510/20151027/heditor/201510271455574036.jpg
201510271455574036.jpg

Attachments

• 201510271455574036.jpg
    201510271455574036.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 951
Likes dlgoff
pairofstrings said:
If you are using a computer with a monitor, the monitor has already what you are talking about. - LCD, LED, TFT.
So it isn't all that mysterious.
Some technologies use a backlight that comes through to you by manipulation of the pixels.
Other technologies produce their own light.

Here's something - see the videos at the bottom for see through displays.
http://www.glimmdisplay.com/window-display-solutions/transparent-led-in-window/

.Take apart a old laptop screen, or flat screen monitor and you can witness the opacity.
One of the problems is the transparency is not fully 100%, but maybe something such as 70%.
I suppose tech will get better and that should improve.

berkeman said:
Did you read the Wikipedia link on Head-Up Displays that @jedishrfu posted. The glass just partially reflects the image toward your eyes, so even regular glass works. There are probably some glass materials that work better for the function, but it is the HUD configuration and design that makes it work as a display, not the glass surface itself.

Please do some of the suggested reading, and if you still have specific questions about that reading, ask here and post links to your reading. Thanks.

https://cdn01.ovonni.com/uploads/2015/201510/20151027/heditor/201510271455574036.jpg
View attachment 223419

Why is the 888 display backwards?

jedishrfu said:
Why is the 888 display backwards?
LOL, good question. :smile:

They have some other "artist rendering" errors at their website, but I think what they are trying to show is what the display looks like before you install it on your dashboard. If you were sitting on the hood of the car looking down at the display on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel, I believe that is what the display itself would look like (not the projected image).

The Snowblind LCD side panel is something like what you describe.
SnowblindElement_Main_AnimationGG_400.gif

Attachments

• SnowblindElement_Main_AnimationGG_400.gif
    SnowblindElement_Main_AnimationGG_400.gif
    425 KB · Views: 574
So this panel is transparent showing the insides while displaying some bubbly graphics on the outside?

jedishrfu said:
So this panel is transparent showing the insides while displaying some bubbly graphics on the outside?
Yes. It has full graphic capability, but the default nonlit dark background is transparent instead of opaque -- it can display a nearly opaque black background, too. I saw one at Best Buy with the black on yellow store logo, and that lettering part of the screen was black and not transparent. The display image is steady -- what makes it look "bubbly" in the image I posted is the animation.

You can see the opacity capability in this image:

Snowblind-Element-back-three-component1-1200.png

Attachments

• Snowblind-Element-back-three-component1-1200.png
    Snowblind-Element-back-three-component1-1200.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 540
Last edited:

1. What is Digital Transparent Glass?

Digital Transparent Glass is a type of glass that is capable of displaying digital content such as images, videos, and text through its transparent surface.

2. How does Digital Transparent Glass work?

Digital Transparent Glass works by using transparent OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology. It consists of thin layers of organic material that emit light when an electrical current is applied, allowing images to be displayed on the glass surface.

3. What are the benefits of using Digital Transparent Glass?

Digital Transparent Glass has several benefits, including its ability to blend in with the surroundings, its high transparency, and its energy-efficient display. It also has the potential to be used in various industries such as retail, advertising, and automotive.

4. Is Digital Transparent Glass durable?

Yes, Digital Transparent Glass is durable as it is made of high-quality materials and is designed to withstand wear and tear. However, like any other glass, it can be prone to scratches and cracks if not handled carefully.

5. What is the current name of Digital Transparent Glass?

Currently, there is no specific name for Digital Transparent Glass as it is a relatively new technology. However, it is often referred to as transparent OLED display, transparent display glass, or simply transparent glass.