Can I Discuss New Science and Ideas on Physics Forums?

Dmi3007
How did you find PF?
By google
2 High educations:
National Research Nuclear University (MEPhI)
Moscow State University

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Greg Bernhardt said:
Welcome!
To be clear, Can I express my thoughts here or I just must repeat someone else's?

Dmi3007 said:
To be clear, Can I express my thoughts here or I just must repeat someone else's?

You cannot try to express your personal speculations or personal theories. The PF rules are very clear about that.

PF works best to answer your questions about mainstream science, which is quite complex. When you read something that you don't understand (in a reputable source, not a YouTube video or something), it's fine to post links to your reading and ask *specific* questions about that reading.

We do discuss new science here, as long as it has been published in an acceptable source (see the rules). For example, there has been a thread about the recently claimed discovery of a room-temperature superconductor. It was published in a peer-reviewed journal, so the discussion was allowed. It currently looks like the researchers made some mistakes, and efforts by other labs to reproduce the superconductivity have not worked. Interesting stuff...

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/room-temperature-superconductor-paper-published.1054360/

Last edited: