Doctor Who Series Premieres Tonight | BBC America 9pm ET

• Thread starter Jack21222
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Doctor
In summary, the new companion was introduced and people are watching. There is speculation that she might be playing a different role than the actress who will later play the Doctor's companion. Evidence suggests that the Christmas special in which she is supposed to join up with the Doctor takes place in Victorian England.
Jack21222
The next series of Doctor Who airs today. Comes on BBC America 9pm Eastern time. Who's watching?

Physics news on Phys.org
I am there!

Signing off to watch.

The new companion wasn't supposed to be introduced for several months. Yet there she was, and nobody spoiled it beforehand. Impressive. How the hell is she going to get out of that situation to be the companion?

The Doctor said:
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually - from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly... timey-wimey... stuff.

I assume at some point prior to these events, at some point in Oswin's past, The Doctor finds/meets her again in his future. He wouldn't necessarily recognize her as her appearance was that of a Dalek. Might pick up on the voice as I assume her voice over the speakers was her's vs. the Dalek voice when seeing her as the Dalek.

Insanity said:
I assume at some point prior to these events, at some point in Oswin's past, The Doctor finds/meets her again in his future. He wouldn't necessarily recognize her as her appearance was that of a Dalek. Might pick up on the voice as I assume her voice over the speakers was her's vs. the Dalek voice when seeing her as the Dalek.

There must be some significance in her saying to remember her.

Insanity said:

Then why doesn't Oswin remember the Doctor?
Of course, maybe the Doctor will have regenerated before he meets Oswin. Then, it is possible that they won't remember each other.
However, even that doesn't work precisely. She looked up the Doctor on the Dalek data base. If she had been a Companion, then she would have remembered being a Companion of some incarnation of the Doctor.
Thanks to this episode, I will always remember the recipe for souffle.
1) Eggs.
2) Stir.
3) Milk.
4) Bake.

There has been a lot of speculation over this. One theory is that the actress who will later play the Doctor's companion is playing a different role here. This has happened before where Freema Agyeman, played Adeola Oshodi in "Army of Ghosts" before later playing Martha Jones.

Evidence for this is that some sources have the new companion's name as being "Clara", and that the Christmas special in which she is supposed to join up with the Doctor takes place in Victorian England.

Of course, considering how well they kept the secret of her appearing the recent episode, this could all be misdirection.

If it turns out that he does meet up with her earlier in her timeline, they will have to be careful not to make it a re-hash of the River Song storyline, with his meeting someone for the first time at their death.

But then knowing Moffat, he's playing the "That's exactly what they are expecting me to do." card, and pull off something completely off the wall.

Darwin123 said:
Then why doesn't Oswin remember the Doctor?
Of course, maybe the Doctor will have regenerated before he meets Oswin. Then, it is possible that they won't remember each other.
However, even that doesn't work precisely. She looked up the Doctor on the Dalek data base. If she had been a Companion, then she would have remembered being a Companion of some incarnation of the Doctor.
It is possible that those memories were excised during her "Dalekfication". Or it could just come down to "Timey Wimey stuff".

Janus said:
It is possible that those memories were excised during her "Dalekfication". Or it could just come down to "Timey Wimey stuff".

Memory loss was a part of being nanogened into a puppet.

When she wiped the Doctor from the Dalek hive memory, she would lose the memories also. If she could remember the Doctor, so could the hive.

Last edited:

What is "Doctor Who"?

"Doctor Who" is a British science fiction television series that first premiered in 1963. It follows the adventures of a Time Lord known as the Doctor, who travels through time and space in a spaceship called the TARDIS.

What is the series premiere of "Doctor Who" about?

The series premiere of "Doctor Who" is the first episode of a new season or series. It introduces the audience to the main characters and sets the tone for the rest of the season. Each series premiere typically features a new adventure for the Doctor and their companions to embark on.

When does the series premiere of "Doctor Who" air?

The series premiere of "Doctor Who" airs tonight at 9pm ET on BBC America.

Can I watch the series premiere of "Doctor Who" if I haven't seen previous seasons?

Yes, you can still enjoy the series premiere of "Doctor Who" even if you haven't seen previous seasons. The show is designed to be accessible to new viewers, and each season typically has its own standalone storyline.

Where can I watch the series premiere of "Doctor Who"?

The series premiere of "Doctor Who" can be watched on BBC America at 9pm ET. It may also be available on streaming services such as BBC iPlayer or Hulu, depending on your location.