Does anyone have a collection of the Dirac Equations?

• I
  • Thread starter raracon
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dirac
In summary, the Dirac Equations are a set of equations in quantum mechanics that describe the behavior of spin-1/2 particles, such as electrons. They are useful for researchers and students as a comprehensive reference. Collections of the Dirac Equations can be found in textbooks, online resources, and scientific journals. They can be used in various fields of physics and may require a strong background in mathematics and physics to fully understand. However, with proper study and practice, they can be comprehended by most scientists and students in the field.
raracon
TL;DR Summary
I am basically searching for a good source where Diracs Equasions resulting in negative energy are listed.
I am working on my physics paper and just realized that after explaining everything I did not add the equasion. Now I am wondering where I can find a good source on them, so that I can add them.

Physics news on Phys.org
It's in any textbook on QFT, e.g.,

M. D. Schwartz, Quantum field theory and the Standard
Model, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, New York
(2014).

1. What are the Dirac Equations?

The Dirac Equations are a set of four partial differential equations that describe the behavior of fermions, which are particles with half-integer spin, in the framework of special relativity.

2. Who developed the Dirac Equations?

The Dirac Equations were developed by British physicist Paul Dirac in 1928.

3. What is the significance of the Dirac Equations?

The Dirac Equations were a major breakthrough in theoretical physics, as they provided a way to describe the behavior of particles with spin in a relativistic context. They also predicted the existence of antimatter, which was later confirmed experimentally.

4. Why do some scientists collect the Dirac Equations?

Some scientists may collect the Dirac Equations as a way to study and understand the principles of quantum mechanics and special relativity. They may also collect them as a historical or educational reference.

5. Where can I find a collection of the Dirac Equations?

Collections of the Dirac Equations can be found in various textbooks and online resources on quantum mechanics and theoretical physics. Some universities or research institutions may also have physical collections of historical documents, including the original papers on the Dirac Equations.