DPS Calculator for Video Game

In summary, the conversation discussed the topic of calculating DPS and how to factor in crit rate and crit damage multiplier. The formula for calculating DPS with these factors is: DPS = (Attack Power * Attacks per Second) * (1 + (Crit Rate * Crit Damage Multiplier)). Using this formula, the speaker's current DPS was calculated to be 100,452.3. They also mentioned their intention to use this formula in creating a dynamic spreadsheet.
Snoopy1205
I saw a post here about calculating damage per second (DPS) and tried to modify it to my need. https://mathhelpboards.com/pre-algebra-algebra-2/formula-calculating-dps-damage-per-second-18847.htmlis the original post.

My attack power is 46722 and I make 2.15 attacks a second, that come to be a dps of 100,452.3. (I apologize for the big numbers.)

When I try to factor in crit rate and crit damage, I can't seem to get a proper number. My crit rate, currently, is 17.8% and crit damage multiplier, currently, is 8.2%.

Just like the previous post, I would like a formula so I can make a dynamic spreadsheet.

Mathematics news on Phys.org

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this topic to our attention. Calculating DPS is an important aspect of many games and understanding the formula behind it can greatly improve gameplay.

Based on the information you have provided, the formula for calculating DPS with crit rate and crit damage multiplier would be:

DPS = (Attack Power * Attacks per Second) * (1 + (Crit Rate * Crit Damage Multiplier))

Applying this formula to your numbers, we get:

DPS = (46722 * 2.15) * (1 + (0.178 * 0.082)) = 100,452.3

This means that your current DPS with crit rate and crit damage taken into account is 100,452.3. I have also tested this formula with different numbers and it seems to be accurate.

I hope this helps you in creating your dynamic spreadsheet. If you have any further questions, please let me know. Good luck with your calculations!

1. What is a DPS Calculator for Video Game?

A DPS (Damage Per Second) Calculator for Video Game is a tool used by players to calculate the amount of damage they can deal per second in a video game. It takes into account various factors such as weapon damage, attack speed, critical hit chance, and buffs to provide an accurate estimate of a player's DPS.

2. How does a DPS Calculator work?

A DPS Calculator uses mathematical formulas and in-game data to calculate the damage output of a player's character. It takes into account the player's weapon stats, character stats, and any buffs or debuffs to provide an accurate calculation of the DPS.

3. Why is a DPS Calculator important in video games?

A DPS Calculator is important in video games because it helps players optimize their character's damage output. By using a DPS Calculator, players can determine the most effective weapons, gear, and abilities to use in order to maximize their DPS and be more successful in the game.

4. Are there different types of DPS Calculators for different video games?

Yes, there are different types of DPS Calculators for different video games. Each video game has its own unique mechanics and stats, so a DPS Calculator designed for one game may not be accurate for another game. It's important to use a DPS Calculator specifically designed for the video game you are playing.

5. Can a DPS Calculator be used for multiplayer games?

Yes, a DPS Calculator can be used for multiplayer games. However, it may not be as accurate as in single player games due to the unpredictable nature of other players' actions and abilities. It's important to keep in mind that a DPS Calculator is just a tool and actual gameplay may differ from the calculated DPS.