Dynamics: Angular Velocity Problem

In summary, the conversation discusses a specific question about angular velocity and the individual is having difficulty finding the value due to an unknown variable. They have attempted to solve the problem using a vector triangle but have not been successful. They are seeking help and suggest uploading the image of the problem to a sharing site for faster assistance.
theyonggrand
Hi there! I'm doing a particular question which is the angular velocity and I got stuck there halfway through.

Homework Statement

Find the angular velocity omega

*see attachment

Va = 1.4m/s to the left

Homework Equations

Vb/a = l * omegaAB

Vb = Va + Vb/a

The Attempt at a Solution

I have split the whole Free Body Diagram into the translation and rotation, with the A fixed. And I have constructed the vector triangle. However, I couldn't find Vb/a because there is another unknown there.

Anyone can help? Thanks very much. :)

Attachments

• dynamics1.bmp
    62.8 KB · Views: 573
Physics news on Phys.org
ur image is pending approval and hence i can't see it now.. and can't really help you. So.. why don't u upload your image to some image sharing site like: http://imageshack.us and provide the link here. It'll be faster than to wait for the image to be approved.

Look at this. Your attempt was not good. I think that you can solve your problem now.

Attachments

• dynamics1.bmp
    62.8 KB · Views: 526

Related to Dynamics: Angular Velocity Problem

1. What is angular velocity and how is it measured?

Angular velocity is a measure of how quickly an object is rotating or spinning. It is typically represented by the Greek letter omega (ω) and is measured in radians per second (rad/s).

2. How is angular velocity related to linear velocity?

Angular velocity and linear velocity are related by the radius of rotation. The linear velocity of a point on a rotating object is equal to the angular velocity multiplied by the distance from the axis of rotation to that point.

3. How do you calculate angular velocity?

Angular velocity can be calculated by dividing the change in the angle of rotation (in radians) by the change in time. This can be represented by the formula ω = ∆θ/∆t.

4. What is the difference between angular velocity and angular acceleration?

Angular velocity is a measure of how quickly an object is rotating, while angular acceleration is a measure of how quickly the angular velocity is changing. In other words, angular acceleration is the rate of change of angular velocity.

5. How is the concept of angular velocity used in real-world applications?

Angular velocity is used in various fields such as engineering, physics, and astronomy. It is used to describe the motion of rotating objects and is essential in understanding the behavior of objects such as gears, turbines, and planets in orbit.