Efficient Fractional Latex Code for Simplifying Equations

In summary, the conversation discusses alternative ways to code a particular equation and the use of \frac and \text{} commands. There is a slight discrepancy between the left and right sides of the equation, but overall it is deemed to be well-written. The concept of "plain roman text" is also briefly explained as being text that is not in mathematical notation.
mech-eng
How can this code be coded by another way?

## \frac {300-270.1}{T-130}## = ## \frac {313.-270.1}{135-130}##

And it is also very strange that the right side O.K but left side is not but everything is the same for left and right.

#,# \frac {300-270.1}{T-130}## = ## \frac {313.-270.1}[135-130}#,#

Thank you.

Physics news on Phys.org
I don't see a problem. On the right, you have 313. and on the left you have 300 no dot.

The denominator is centered under the numerator too. It looks pretty good.

Likes mech-eng
jedishrfu said:
I don't see a problem. On the right, you have 313. and on the left you have 300 no dot.

The denominator is centered under the numerator too. It looks pretty good.

But even though code is written with ## it doesn't seem to be in bold type. What is the problem, it shoud have been in bold type.

Thank you.

I would like to ask about this code:

latex frac.png

Above code is from here: https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

I am confused because \frac 1 2 should be seem as ## \frac 1 2##. Why it does not work in the rendered code?

Thank you.

Attachments

• latex frac.png
    latex frac.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 364
mech-eng said:
I would like to ask about this code:

View attachment 200285

Above code is from here: https://www.physicsforums.com/help/latexhelp/

I am confused because \frac 1 2 should be seem as ## \frac 1 2##. Why it does not work in the rendered code?

Thank you.
Not quite sure what you mean. If you write \text{ then anything in those brackets is plain text, whether it is a formula \frac{1}{2} or not }.
Outside this \text{ } command, you get ##\frac 1 2 = \frac{1}{2}## if in formula mode. You even get it inside, as # # ... # # interrupts the \text{ } environment.

fresh_42 said:
Not quite sure what you mean. If you write \text{ then anything in those brackets is plain text, whether it is a formula \frac{1}{2} or not }.
Outside this \text{ } command, you get ##\frac 1 2 = \frac{1}{2}## if in formula mode. You even get it inside, as # # ... # # interrupts the \text{ } environment.

This was what exactly I ask. But what does "plain roman text" mean? Would you explain this concept in a most simple way?

Thank you.

Last edited:
It just means text. You can have a # # ... # # environment with a \text{} or \textrm{} command in between. E.g. if one writes a long formula, or a formula embedded in $ $ ... $ $, then it is often convenient to insert short text entries like "and" or "such that" without having to leave the math mode, e.g.
$$
\forall x \in X \text{ and } \forall y \in X \; \exists z \in X \textrm{ such that } x + y = z
$$
which is written as
$ $
\forall x \in X \text{ and } \forall y \in X \; \exists z \in X \textrm{ such that } x + y = z
$ $

1. What is fractional latex code?

Fractional latex code is a coding system used to represent mathematical equations in a simplified and efficient manner. It involves using fractions and other mathematical symbols to express complex equations in a concise way.

2. How does fractional latex code make equations more efficient?

Fractional latex code reduces the number of characters and symbols needed to represent an equation, making it easier to read and understand. This can also save time and space when writing or typing out equations.

3. Can fractional latex code be used for all types of equations?

Yes, fractional latex code can be used for any type of equation, whether it is simple or complex. It is a universal coding system that can be applied to various mathematical concepts.

4. Are there any advantages to using fractional latex code over traditional coding methods?

One major advantage of using fractional latex code is its ability to simplify equations without losing any of the mathematical accuracy. This makes it a useful tool for both scientists and mathematicians. Additionally, it is a standardized coding system, making it easier to communicate and share equations with others.

5. How can I learn to use fractional latex code?

There are many online resources and tutorials available for learning fractional latex code. Some popular websites include Overleaf, ShareLaTeX, and LaTeX Project. These platforms offer step-by-step guides, examples, and practice exercises to help you become proficient in using fractional latex code.