Electric power and internal resistance

Also, there is no need to re-upload the image. Just edit your previous post and fix the URL to the image.In summary, the conversation is about a student who did a laboratory work to find power and internal resistance using an ordinary battery in a closed circuit. The student has completed all tasks except for writing a hypothesis and conclusion. They are unsure of what to write since the only method used was measuring with a voltmeter and ammeter and calculating Electric power and internal resistance. The student is seeking suggestions for their hypothesis and conclusion and is considering relating given formulas with Ohm's law and other formulas.
isorounded

Homework Statement

Today I did a laboratory work in which I had to find power and internal resistance. I used an ordinary battery so it's closed circuit. I did all tasks except writing a hypothesis and conclusion I can't really think of it. I don't know what to write since I just measure using voltmeter and ammeter and then calculate Electric power and internal resistance. That's it. Can someone suggest anything pls?

Homework Equations

Given formulas in laboratory work

IMG_0865.jpg
IMG_0864.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]I was thinking to relate given formulas with ohm's law and formula.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
isorounded said:

Homework Statement

Today I did a laboratory work in which I had to find power and internal resistance. I used an ordinary battery so it's closed circuit. I did all tasks except writing a hypothesis and conclusion I can't really think of it. I don't know what to write since I just measure using voltmeter and ammeter and then calculate Electric power and internal resistance. That's it. Can someone suggest anything pls?

Homework Equations

Given formulas in labaroty work

cXmQik
https://ibb.co/b67WOk

The Attempt at a Solution

[/B]I was thinking to relate given formulas with ohm's law and formula.
The image did not Upload correctly. Can you try again? Be sure it is of a supported file type. Are you using the PF phone app, or are you using a browser to try to do the Upload?

I used my phone. I will reupload using a pc in a moment.

Likes berkeman
Can someone pls help me? xd

Last edited by a moderator:
isorounded said:
Can someone pls help me? xd
Well, you need to show us your work first -- that is in the PF rules (se INFO at the top of the page). You also need to define those symbols -- we could try guessing, but that will waste a lot of time.

Likes isorounded

1. What is electric power and how is it measured?

Electric power is the rate at which electrical energy is transferred or converted into other forms of energy. It is measured in watts (W) and can be calculated by multiplying the voltage (V) by the current (I) in a circuit. The formula for electric power is P=VI.

2. What is internal resistance in a circuit?

Internal resistance is the resistance within a power source, such as a battery, that hinders the flow of current in a circuit. This resistance is caused by the materials and components used in the power source and can vary depending on the type and condition of the source.

3. How does internal resistance affect the performance of a circuit?

Internal resistance can affect the performance of a circuit by reducing the amount of current and voltage that is available to power the circuit. This can result in a decrease in the overall power output of the circuit and may cause it to function less efficiently.

4. How can internal resistance be measured?

Internal resistance can be measured by using a multimeter to measure the voltage and current in a circuit. By comparing the voltage and current readings of a circuit with and without a load, the internal resistance can be calculated using Ohm's law (R=V/I).

5. What are some ways to reduce internal resistance in a circuit?

One way to reduce internal resistance in a circuit is to use a power source with a lower internal resistance. This can be achieved by using a high-quality battery or power supply. Additionally, using thicker wires with lower resistance and reducing the length of the circuit can also help decrease internal resistance.